2

c h a p t e r  2 :
w i n t e r    b r e a k

8 January 2021

6:30 pm

I groaned.

My body rolled over to the other side of the bed were my phone was laying. I hit it with my arm, trying to set of my alarm. I got up after that. As soon as I was in a standing position, my head felt heavy and was hurting like a bitch. I put both my hands on my head trying to ease the pain.

Suprise, I failed.

I changed into my outfit of the day, classy how I used to like it. The old Angel would actually jump through the entire room because of how cute this outfit was. Right now, I didn't really mind what I wore to school. But knowing my dad, he wanted me to put effort into myself, that seemed to be the only thing I succeeded at.

I went downstairs and decided to actually have a coffee because the starving had finally taken it's turn on my body, and I knew I couldn't go to school like that. I greeted my father who was making himself coffee as well. I stood besides him, waiting for him to finish so that I could make mine.

'You're fine with going to school right ?'

'I already survived 3 months didn't I ?'

'I know and I'm so proud of you for that' he said tapping my head with his hand making me almost smile a little 'but you know what I mean, try to maybe do something for fun not because you have to.'

'You mean like skip a lesson with my friends ?'

'At this point I don't even mind anymore' he said with slight sadness in his voice 'at least that would mean that you did something with someone just because you wanted too.'

'I wish I could enjoy those little things again' I said a weak smile plastered on my face while I remembered the good memories from before. Then someone walked into the kitchen and I was pulled back into reality.

'Good morning' Sophia spoke while entering the kitchen, she looked cute as always. We had a few familiar futures, she was a little shorter and had different eyes with a little less plump lips. Her hair was in a wavy state, she had done her make up and wore a pair of mom jeans with an oversized sweater.

I just nod, while dad hugs her with a smile on his face. I finish making my coffee and head back upstairs to finish getting ready. Normally I would put more effort into looking good, but since I returned to school in october I haven't done that much to get ready.

I looked at myself, my hair now straightened perfectly, I looked so put together, just like the normal Angel everyone used to know

I looked at myself, my hair now straightened perfectly, I looked so put together, just like the normal Angel everyone used to know. good.

Sophia now went to my school as well, because I wasn't able to attend school the entire first month, I missed her first day and I had no idea how they had treated her. Especially, looking back at when I gave everyone a paper that confirmed she had been in a mentall hospital, just to get revenge at a certain someone. Every single bone in my body felt bad for it. Even though I knew it was just as shady as putting my dad in jail in front of everyone. I wish I hated him the way I did back then.

Because hate makes you stronger, while love only makes you weak.

I drove into the well known parking lot, getting many glances, eyes trailing down my car. While Sophia enjoyes the way everyone watches, looks and wants to be like us, I ignore it all. To a certain extent, I used to like the attention as well.

When I finally found a place to park, we got out of the car. Sophia waved me goodbye and walked over to her friends while my eyes trailed to the front of the parking lot, the place where he always used to park his car. I sigh, looking away when I feel tears forming. I grab my back, and walk through the parking lot, for once not giving a fuck that I was completely alone.

In the corner of my eye, I saw Neomi West standing with her friends, they were talking loudly about something until I passed them and everyone became quiet all of the sudden, just eying me. Amara was with them as well, she glared over to me while I was passing them. I heard a few whispers, this happened every time I walked by them.

I finally stopped in my tracks, turning my head so that I had a good look at them. They were all just standing there, Neomi leaning against her car with Amara besides her. They had become pretty close.

'Done staring ?' I said faking a smile while I spoke with clear annoyance heard in my voice. They didn't dare say anything back. I smirked, continuing my walk towards the front doors of my school building.

As I said before, a lot has changed in those five months.