𝐵𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑎𝑔𝑒𝑠

Y/N'S P.O.V.

During Tuesday's practice with the boys' team you keep close to Kenma, trying to learn as much from him as possible while you get the chance. You also take note of the bandages he has around a few of his fingers. Once the two of you take a break for water, you decide to inquire about it.

"So how come you got your fingers wrapped up? Did something happen?" you ask as you look at him inquisitively.

"They're kinda rough and have callouses so I thought it would be better-"

You cut Kenma's sentence off as you grab one of his hands and pull it up towards you. You begin to unwrap one of his fingers and giggle once it's undone.

"Seriously?" you say as you look up at him, "That's it? Mine have been way worse than that."

You put your other hand up to Kenma's and compare the difference.

His hands are bigger than mine. Stronger looking, too.

Quickly you put your hand down and apologize for making it weird. You look up and see his cheeks are turning pink so you begin to rewrap his finger for him.

Crap I forgot that he might have a thing for me.

Just then you feel weight around your shoulder. You look over and see Kuroo smirking down at you and Kenma.

"What are you two up to," he teases.

"I was just asking Kenma why he has his fingers bandaged," you shrug as you finish wrapping it up.

Analyzing the unspoken part of the conversation, you put down Kenma's hand and lift up the other without any bandages. You put your hand around his index and middle and give Kenma a sweet smile.

"At least the important ones are alright," you say to him.

Both of the boys stare down at your hand in Kenma's in silence. Kuro then breaks out in laughter causing Kenma to pull his hand away from yours.

"Shut the fuck up, Kuroo," Kenma yells.

You feel your eyes widen in shock from Kenma cursing at his friend.

"Right," Kuroo says as he pats your back, "well have fun."

"S-Sor-"

"Can we play volleyball now?" Kenma interrupts.

You nod and walk back to the courts with him, feeling back for making a scene.

Once practice is done you grab your belongings and head over to Kenma, politely thanking him for practicing with you today and helping improve your sets. He only nods in response.

"Hopefully we can both improve together," you say with a smile.

Kenma squeaks out a small "Me too," before looking past you.

As you turn around you see Kai who automatically pulls you into a hug.

"Gross you're sweaty," you laugh at him.

"You're no better," Kai teases back.

You turn around to talk to Kenma but see he's already walking away.

"Bye Kenma!" you wave as he leaves the gym.

However, Kenma doesn't look back making you rethink what you previously assumed.

Maybe it's not that he has a crush on me. He could just dislike Kai for some reason.

You look over and subconsciously give Kai a weird stare.

"You alright?" he asks.

"Mhm," you nod, "Just not sure why Kenma didn't say anything to me before he left."

Kai shrugs it off, telling you that Kenma's just the quiet type. You nod and the two of you walk together until you reach your dorm.

"Hey do you want to come in?" you ask him, "I was just gonna shower and study anyway."

"Yeah I should probably shower too," he tells you, "rain check?"

"Sure!"

Kai waves goodbye to you as he walks away. You wave back, half-assed because you have a suspicion there's a reason Kai doesn't want to be in your dorm. You let a sigh escape from your mouth as you turn back to your building and go inside.

"Whatever," you tell yourself as you walk into your room, "he's just going to have to get over it. I don't have time to date anyone."

You drop your bag down on your desk and flop across your bed. Since your roommate is practically never around, you don't care how dramatic you are.

After your shower, you pull out your notebooks in an attempt to study. Eventually, your phone buzzes and you see a text from an unknown number.

     UNKNOWN: Hi Y/N it's Kuroo! Wanna come hang out?

I guess Yaku or Lev gave him my number.

     Y/N: Sure! I'll be right there!

You jump at the opportunity to stop studying and quickly hurry over to Kuroo's dorm. Once you arrive you text Kuroo and he comes out to unlock the door for you. The two of you hold a light conversation on the walk back to his room. When you get in you notice Kenma's not there.

"So I wasn't interrupting you or anything when I texted you, right?" Kuroo asks politely.

"Nah I was just studying but it's not a big deal."

You make your way over to Kuroo's bed and jump up on it.

"How come you asked me to hang out," you tease, "you could have easily asked someone from the team to be with you."

Kuroo chuckles before giving you his response, saying that he's seen enough of them for one day.

"Ah gotcha," you reply, "so anyway where's Kenma?"

You notice a small grin appear on Kuroo's face as you ask this.

"He's at the showers but he'll be back in a bit."

Kuroo walks up to close to you at the bed, causing you to get a bit flustered at the closeness. You catch him smirk before bending down. As he goes through a drawer under his bed he throws one of his hoodies up next to you. You pick it up and read what it says.

"Nekoma University: Department of Chemistry?" you ask confused.

Kuroo stands up and looks at you with his eyes narrowed.

"Yeah got a problem with that?" he asks.

"Didn't know you were such a big nerd, you little scientist."

You notice Kuroo's mood change slightly as you tease him. Just then the door opens revealing Kenma. You look past Kuroo and see Kenma staring back at you as the door closes, standing in nothing but a towel around his waist.