3

Remus watched as Arabella ascended from the staircase. His pupils began to dilate as soon as she entered his eyesight. Her Scarlett red dress was the perfect color for her skin tone, and her long brown hair was curled to perfection.

Her arms were linked with her friends as she made her way down to the party. Her dress hugged her perfect long legs and tiny waist as she began to dance with her friends in the large crowd of people. He couldn't couldn't take his eyes off her, she was truly mesmerizing.

Remus stood with Peter in the corner drinking a variety of drinks as they watched the rest of their house dance freely with each other. Remus wasn't a dancer, and Peter didn't want him to stand there alone. Remus finally mustered the ability to look away from the youngest potter. He scolded himself as he looked at her again, telling himself that he couldn't like her. She was James little sister, and she was off limits to everyone, including him.

"Come on Moony, wormy! Come dance!" Sirius said walking over to his friends panting as he caught his breath from dancing.

"Pads, you know I can't dance to save my life." Remus said taking another sip of his fire whiskey.

"Who cares! It's a party, you came here to have fun!" He said grabbing Remus' arm, trying to bring him to the dance floor.

"I am having fun! Me and Peter and having a wonderful conversation about uh- boggarts." He said glancing at Peter giving him a look to play along.

"Yea! I explained how mine would probably be a big cat!" Peter said joining in.

"Yep. Mine would be the full moon for obvious reasons." I said.

"Why would yours be a cat?" Sirius asked Peter confused.

"Cats and rats- hey that rhymed- are enemies! Cats eat rats padfoot." Peter said gripping Sirius' arm and looking around the room with fear, as if a cat could pounce on him at any moment.

"I guess... well you should both come dance! Come on it's fun! You can go find someone to dance wit-" Sirius was cut off by a slower song starting up. "See Merlin himself wants you to go dance! He changed the song to a slow one just for you!" He said grabbing Remus by the arms, pulling him into the group of Gryffindors . He sighed and went with him. "Ok go find someone!" Sirius said pushing Remus into the crowd. Should I go to Arabella? He thought.

He looked around for her and saw her standing with Lily. This is your chance Remus. He said to himself as he walked over to her with caution. What if she says no? What if she laughs? He was about ten feet from the two of them.

"Hey Remus." Lily said with a smile as she saw him walking over.

"Hey Lily." He said nervously turning to face Arabella. "Arabella do you want to uh- do you want to dance with me?" He asked.

Large smiled grew on both Lily and Arabellas faces They looked at each other with eyes gleaming, and Remus watched the girl who hadn't answered anxiously.

"I would love to Remus." She said taking a step away from Lily towards him. She took his hand in hers, intertwining their fingers, leading them towards the dance floor.

Arabella smiled as she turned to face him. His face turned bright red as the music around them changed. Instead of the slow song he had planned to dance to, a faster much more upbeat song began to play. His face dropped slightly as he looked toward the DJ stand.

"What's wrong?" Arabella asked, noticing how his confidence had left quickly.

"I'm not the best dancer." He admitted.

She smiled kindly, "don't worry Remmy, I can teach you." She took his hands and placed them on her waist. Her eyes were locked on his as she began to sway to the music. A few inches of space were left between them, she didn't want to get too close and make him uncomfortable. "Just relax, and listen to the music, and the vibes around. Don't over think, just relax, and move with the music."

Remus began to dance stiffly, not quite knowing what to do with his hands, or with the rest of him. Arabella began to take a step closer to him, her arms going around to his shoulders, resting their comfortably. Their bodies were lightly pressed against each other, and Arabella started to sway more to the music, building Remus to move with her.

A light smile formed on his face as he watched the girl in front of him, the way he could feel her confidence radiating from her. He began to let lose, his body moving in sync with hers. He pulled her in my the hips, making her arms wrap around his neck. Their bodies were fully together now as they listened to the music.

They continued to dance until they were interrupted by their friends. "Hello my lovely people!" James said drunkly walking over to the two, putting his arm around Remus' shoulder. "Bella! You got moony on the dance floor huh? Good job sis. Sirius and I have been trying to do that for ages!" He said dramatically.

"Why didn't you come hang with us Moony?" Sirius asked slightly more sober than James.

"I was with Bella. We were having a good time." He replied smiling down her which resulted in a light pink blush to form on her cheeks.

Arabella's smile dropped quickly as she felt someone's hands touch her waist, and she knew it wasn't Remus.

"Hey angel." A familiar whispered in her ear loud enough for Remus, who was right next to her, to hear.

"Let go, Jack. How did you even get in here? You're a Slytherin." She said rolling her eyes at him.

"I have my ways. Why didn't you come dance with me?" He asked letting go of her to walk in-front of her.

"I told you I was going with my friends." She said crossing her arms.

"Fine." He said rolling his eyes playfully. "How about you go with me on the next hogsmeade trip?"

"I-"

"She can't." Remus blurted, noticing she had become a tad uncomfortable with the strange Slytherin boy.

"And why is that?" He said turning to the tall boy.

"Cause she's going with me." Remus said. Arabella smiled as the words left his mouth.

"She's what?"

"You're what?" James and Sirius said at the same time looking at me confused.

"Fine. I'll see you around Bella." He said before walking back over to his friends.

"You're going to hogsemaede with my sister?" James asked confused. "It's- it's not like a date right?"

"Uh no just a friend thing." Remus reassured him.

"Hm." James said before he began walking to Lily, who had an annoyed look on her face as she noticed the boy headed her way.

"I'm gonna go to bed." Arabella said to the remaining boys. "Thanks for dancing with me remmy." She said walking over to him and giving him a quick kiss on the cheek before walking off to her dorm.

When she was gone Remus found himself smiling like an idiot. As the smile laid on his face, he looked over at Sirius to see him giving a weird look before walking over to join James.