xxxv. the wedding

   "BLIMEY, WHAT'S THE MINISTER OF MAGIC DOING HERE?" ron frowned, following paris into the house

  "BLIMEY, WHAT'S THE MINISTER OF MAGIC DOING HERE?" ron frowned, following paris into the house. the others were outside pitching the tent, getting ready for bill and fleur's wedding.

   paris shrugged. "don't know, but let's just hope it's not bad news."

  harry and hermione were already sat on the sofa in front of rufus scrimgeour, also looking confused. the pair moved to squeeze next to them.

"to what do we owe the pleasure, minister?" harry asked.

"oh, i think we both know the answer to that question, mr potter." the man replied.
he placed down a small bag on the coffee table, unfolding a sheet of parchment.

"this is...?" paris frowned in confusion.

"the last will and testament of albus percival wulfric brian dumbledore." he began to read. "first, to ronald bilius weasley, i leave my deluminator. a device of my own making, in the hope that when things seem most dark— it will show him the light." scrimgeour passed the boy a small silver tube, that looked similar to a lighter.

"dumbledore left this for me?" ron asked in disbelief. "brilliant." he held it up in confusion. "what is it?" he clicked it, and it immediately put out the lights next to the sofa, and with another click, lit them back up again. "wicked."

"to hermione jean granger," the minister continued. "i leave my copy of the tales of beedle the bard, in the hope that she find it entertaining and instructive." he handed her over a book with a faded cover and fragile binding.

"mum used to read me those." ron smiled. "the wizard and the hopping pot,"

"—babbity rabbity and the cackling stump." paris continued with a smile, nodding. "yeah, i remember those."

harry and hermione looked at the pair blankly, frowning.

"babbity rabbity? no?"