2.1

a/n : TODAY HAS BEEN A GOOD DAY!! thanks so much for all the love and support for this book. Your votes and comments and messages to the board mean the world to me

(also I just wrote the first kiss scene mwah)

please vote, comment, and react!

✰✰✰

"ONLY IF PETER DOES IT."

The words were a surprise to everyone in the lab - Tony, Bruce, Peter - even the one who said it: Spencer.

But she didn't retract them. She actually thought through it, carefully, before she said anything. Spencer Banner knew exactly what she was doing.

Bruce, however, was not as clear on her motives - not at all. Her request completely caught him off guard, and he peered at her, confused. 

"You want Peter," Bruce restarted after a few moments, "to do your testing?"

Tony said nothing but looked between the two Banners, entertained. He stole a glance at Peter, who looked completely shocked.

And yes, Spencer gave into the idea of testing. She didn't have much of a choice. Between the way everyone was walking on eggshells and the way Bruce kept trying to mention it, Spencer knew that it wasn't an option.

"It's either him," Spencer stated, adding her next words in a lower tone, "or a subconscious resentment against you for both the genetics and the testing."

Bruce opened his mouth to argue, but just let out a slightly exhausted almost-laugh, before looking over to Tony.

"Is that alright?" he checked.

Tony didn't look up from his work - he just shrugged. "Sure, Banner," he said. "Anything to keep your teen from resenting you."

"Alright, Peter, come over here," Brue called, shuffling some of his papers and Peter practically jumped from his chair, grabbing all his stuff in a hurry.

Taking the cue, Spencer slipped off the stool she was sitting in and hopped onto the lab table, instead - her legs dangled off the edge facing Bruce.

"Sitting on the tables now?" Tony scoffed. "No respect - just like the twins."

"You're fine, Spence," Bruce promised her, saying something to Tony about leaving her alone. Spencer didn't care much for their bickering and turned to Peter.

"Hi," he said, his cheeks dimpling with a smile, but Spencer noticed the way his hands were moving very carefully as he took his stuff to the side - and the nervous expression he was trying to mask.