Chapter 34

"Yayy! We're finally returning back! Wow! I'm so happy! I can't wait to see Addie's face when we arrive there! OhmyGod! I bet he'll probably faint from the shock!" The seventeen year old girl giggled from the backseat of the car where she was sitting with her younger sister.

The young one followed her suit and giggled as well, despite not knowing what her sister was rambling about. But seeing the older girl making funny faces at the painting of a boy with bright blue eyes, she had a good guess, and almost rolled her eyes at her elder sister. The younger girl was sometimes too smart for her age and liked to think she was smarter than her sister, who was behaving like a child at the moment.

The eight year old girl looked at the big painting that lay on her sister's lap. It was the painting of a boy. A boy with black hair and blue eyes. She had never met the boy, but had seen so many portraits of him made by her sister that she'd started to think that she'd known him all along.

Her sister was an amazing painter. She had made many beautiful paintings of her and her favorite Disney princesses that she proudly showed to her friends. She enjoyed seeing her friends looking at these gifts from her sister with awe and jealousy. She specially loved seeing the envious look on her friend Maddy when she saw them. Maddy was a meanie who had broken her new barbie's arm. But her sister had painted a picture of her with a beautiful Rapunzel that had turned Maddy green with jealousy. She smirked remembering that day. Her sister was truly wonderful. Little Eva always looked up to her sister and hoped that she'd be like her someday.

This painting in particular was different from the uncountable ones in her sister's room. It was bigger than all the other portraits and more detailed. She looked in awe at the painting that could easily pass off as a real live photo. Her sister had taken months to complete it- having started as soon as their father told them that they'd be returning for real. Now, looking at the pretty face of a boy who looked nothing like the Mickey Mouse like her sister referred to him as, the little girl suddenly wanted to meet him, and maybe, ask him to play with them. She wanted to play a flower girl but there was no boy to be a groom for her sister.

The older couple in the front seat chuckled at their daughter's enthusiasm. Nicholas White released a deep breath. Finally. Finally, everything was over. After years of hardships and plannings, he had finally managed to expose his brother's deceit and threats to the world. Their father had initially refused to believe that his youngest and favorite son was capable of such vile things as threatening his own brother's family for money. But when he saw evidences and his company's debts, he couldn't deny it anymore.

Still then, he had somehow prevented his son from being arrested because for him, his family's reputation was more important than his older son's family, whom, he had disowned the day his son married the woman he loved instead of his friend's daughter.

So when the same father asked, or rather, ordered him to come back home and take over the company, Nick refused without hesitation. Because unlike his father, his family was more important to him than anything else in the world. He would not go to a place where his wife would not be treated with the respect she deserved. He would rather live in the streets than subject his wife and his children to the ruthless world of his father.