20

☾

"Are you sure?"

Asks Katherine as she stalks around the Swan household with curious eyes, Bellas orange truck was gone along with Charlie's police car.

"Yes, I saw it. She jumped off a cliff and then it just...black. There was nothing there" Alice whispers with sad eyes, she couldn't see Bellas future beyond that point and it could only mean one thing. She didn't make it.

Katherine sighs deeply, pulling at her hair whilst looking up towards the sky, eyes widening when she realised that Bella's bedroom window was cracked open. She always left it open, in her emails to them she told them it was a precaution for if Edward ever came back, it made Katherine feel destroyed for her, she was tearing herself apart because of him.

"Her windows open" she informed the girl next to her, Alice glancing up to the cracked open entry with sad eyes.

"Come on" they both jump up and slip through into Bella's bedroom, the room dark with no light present except from the moon shining in. Her bed was unmade and wrinkled but her sheets were cold, the pictures scattered across her desk of her and the Cullens had been chucked down like she was in a hurry.

If she had planned to kill herself, it was because of them.

If she was human, Katherine would've been sick.

"It's cold, there's been no one here for hours" Alice whispers, trying to find any form of human activity within the past few hours. It was cold, no one had been in the house at all and with the way things were knocked over in the kitchen, the coat rack where Charlie normally hung his sherif coat fallen upon the floor implying that he had pulled it off with such a worrying thought on his mind proved what Alice had seen.

Bella was dead.

"Bloody hell" Katherine growls, falling back against the wall with her hands over her face. This would destroy Edward, true mate or not this would absolutely kill him. Yes he left her, but that didn't mean he didn't love her in his own way. They'd lost Bella, if Edward found out about this...they'd lose him too.

"Oh my god, Charlie" Alice picks up the coat rack and dry sobs, thinking of the man that loved his daughter unconditionally having to go through the process of her suicide because they had left her.

It's consumed Alice's emotions; anger, sadness, regret filling her whole body.

She shouldn't have thrown that party.

She believed this was all her fault.

"I just- why would she even-!"