Chapter 5

So I never prank people and had to ask a friend for an idea! I hope it's not horrible! (Not that the idea was horrible, I just have no clue how to write it ahaha.)

"Is it ready?" I whispered to Jojo, keeping my eye on Albert who was playing cards with Buttons, Tommy Boy, Elmer, and my brother. When we had gotten back from the theater, everyone had already been playing, so Albert, Race, and Elmer joined in. 

"It's outside. Mush has it."

"Good. Can you wait here and keep an eye on everyone. Make sure no one leaves?" He nodded and I quickly stood up.

"Where ya going Caz?" Race asked.

"Is gonna go see how Jack and Crutchie are holding up. I could use a breath of fresh air, too."

"Alright," he said, turning back to his cards. I stifled a grin and walked out of the room, heading for the front door.

When I got outside, I found Mush waiting patiently with a large bucket filled with rope and a few other things that we would need.

"Ya haven't gotten the water yet?"

"Well I wasn't gonna haul it around, if that's what you mean." I rolled my eyes.

"Let's go. They're all playing cards inside."

"So how exactly are you planning on getting past everyone?"

"Who said I needed to get past them?" He raised an eyebrow in confusion. "The window, Mushy, we're going through the window."

"We're? I thought this was a do-it-yourself kinda thing. Why'd ya need my help?"

"Cause I'm not entirely certain that I know how to set it up."

"While then why'd you pick this?"

"Cause it'll the closest thing to what they did ta me. Besides, it's the simplest thing I could think of."

"Whatever ya say, Caz. Let's just get this done with."

"Chill on the excitement Mush, it's a little overwhelming," I laughed.

"Oh sorry, I'll try to contain it," he said, smiling at me. 

"C'mon."

It didn't take long to get inside the boy's room. Race, Albert, Henry, and Jojo all shared a room and I was betting on the fact that it would be either Race or Albert who entered the room first. That was part of Jojo's job: make sure that one of them went in first.

I dumped the contents of the bucket into the middle of the room.

"Okay, so I'll go get the water from the bathroom."

"How exactly are ya planning on keeping the bucket up there?"

"The rope," I said looking at Mush.

"I can do it while you go get the water," he offered taking the rope from my hands. I quickly headed to the bathroom, making sure the way was clear of any of the boys and filled the bucket up with the ice cold water. When I came back in, Mush had set up an entire contraption that would be sure to work.

"Wow Mush, who knew we had a master prankster at our fingertips," I laughed.

"I don't think so." He grinned at me. "C'mon and help."

By the time we finished, it had been at least five minutes.

"We should go tell Jojo that it's done," I said. The two of us exited the way we came but before we wandered back inside, I pulled to a halt.