XIX

╭──── ✩ ────╮
WEDDING BLIS
╰──── ✩ ────╯

CHAPTER NINETEEN

AUTUMN OF 1980, A YEAR after the four marauders and myself graduated, and a year after my true love dropped to one knee and proposed. To so I was excited for the day to come wouldn't even be close to the feelings accumulating within. The little flutter that started in my chest, eventually expanded and now entrapped my body in this aura-like cage of joy.

But I couldn't help that tinge of nervousness that always seemed to seep into me.. telling me that this was all going to go wrong.

"Do not worry, it'll all be ok." Lily whispered from behind me, placing a reassuring hand on my shoulder. The two of us were standing in front of a full body mirror at the Potters. Where the ceremony would be held in the garden.

Looking at myself, I admired the white fabric that fell to the floor, swaying slightly with the movement of the fan. It was gorgeous, from the lace that lined the edges, to the trail behind me.. I loved it all.

With a sigh, I turned to face the red head behind me, who wore a blue colored silk dress. One that went with Marlene, and Alice's silver ones.

"What if he changes his mind?" I questioned, looking up at the girl with doe eyes, desperately praying for the reassurance she always provided. And that wish was granted,

"Onyx, you're one of the nicest, kindest, and most outgoing girls I've ever met. You're chaotic, but fun; Crazy, but loving. You're it. You're the one that any sane boy would chase and hold on to forever..so when I say Sirius Black would never let you go. I mean it, he loves you, and you love him." She stated, while clipping my veil into my hair and pulling it elegantly over my face.

"Now, let's get you out there." She giggled, linking her arm into mine, before the two of us stepped out onto the isle— where the silence faded into a peaceful melody.

Pulling my eyes from my feet below me, they landed on him. And suddenly, all music, all chatter, all noise ceased to exist. It became replaced with the mesmerizing form of him.. his usually tattered hair, pulled back elegantly; his usual sloppy clothes replaced with pristine robes that wrapped perfectly around his frame; and then his eyes.. those stone eyes I fell into each time I spotted them.. the ones that, in this moment, had a glaze of tears covering their beauty. And all at once, all my fears and worries faded as I stared at him.

As I stared at my home...

"You look..gorgeous.." he whispered, taking my hand into his and pulling me up onto the platform, "well you look ravishing." I teased, now standing right in front of him. With an audience watching our every move.