Chapter 43 : Forgotten

[Past]

Darkness.

All he saw was black, as his eyebrows frowned together in confusion. His head felt slightly giddy, a low throbbing was echoing across himself. He let out a low groan under his breath, as he tried to open his eyelids slowly. 

A low cough escaped his mouth, as he opened his eyes, too see an unclear white background all over. He could feel that his eyesight was blurry, some tears leaving the corner of his eyes. His chest was moving up and down, taking deep breaths, as he opened his eyes fully. The bottom of his eyes were a bit red and puffy. Though he had no idea why.

"H-Hello?" He let a small voice, as he tried to sit up

"Jimin?"

He heard someone call him, as he rubbed his eyes with his hands, before looking at the figure before him, widening his eyes.

"Oh, hey mom," he greeted, seeing her sighing in relief right after.

Jimin frowned. She looked so worried.

"What's wrong?" He asked, "And why is my back... slightly hurting? And I'm feeling a bit uncomfortable... on the whole?"

"Nothing to worry, baby. How about we sit and talk, yeah? We have something to tell you," Jihyo said, smiling slightly, but Jimin could clearly see that there was something wrong.

"Son," his dad called out.

"Dad, what's wrong?"

"We'll tell you everything, son. Something happened... recently, and I think you deserve to know it," he said calmly, to which his wife nodded along, making the poor boy even more confused.

"Okay...," he mumbled, not asking anything further at that moment.

Little did he know that he forgot about the person he loved. And that was how he knew, after the little 'talk' with his parents, that he lost some memory from an 'accident'. And him being the ignorant boy he was, believed his parents whole heartedly.

The existence of Yoongi completely vanishing from his life.

.

.

.

The fourteen-year-old boy was returning from his school that evening, as usual. He talked with his schoolmates, friends, teachers, learnt things, did all that shit that he used to do these days, without anything going wrong. And again, as usual, he was walking down the street, humming a random tune, that came up to his mind.

"Jimin?" He heard his name getting called by a very unfamiliar voice, as he turned around, only to see an elder boy, a few inches taller than him standing in front of a park.

Jimin looked at him questioningly, wondering what someone who was elder than him, doing in a children's park.

"Uh, yes?" He asked, turning fully towards him.

Yoongi blinked.

"What do you mean, yes?" He asked, confusion creeping inside him as he frowned at Jimin.

"What else am I supposed to ask...? Do I know you?" Jimin asked, pouting slightly in confusion, unconsciously.

"Jimin, it's me, Yoongi," the elder said, looking at the younger in disbelief.

"But I don't know anyone named Yoongi," Jimin muttered, as he looked at him, "Oh? If suppose, were you my friend before the accident?"

"Accident?" Yoongi gaped at Jimin in shock, "When did that happen?"