Chapter 42 - Small Spaces and Red Faces

*Ring Ring* *Ring Ring* *Ring Ring*

You let out a groan, and try to sit up to find the source of the ringing, but find yourself trapped in Loki's arms.

"Loki," you whisper, shaking him. "Loki wake up, I need to answer the phone."

But rather than loosen his grip, Loki tightens it, pulling you closer to his chest.

"Oh geez...Loki come on," you say, struggling to wiggle from his impossibly strong clutches.

*Ring Ring* *Ring Ring* *Ring Ring*

You stop struggling, and go limp, causing Loki to peek one eye, and lift his head slightly. You take the opportunity to roll as quickly as you can. You manage to escape his grasp, and reach out for the phone on the bedside table, picking it up.

"Hello?" you answer.

"Where are you?"

Uh-oh.

"Uh, who's this?" you play dumb.

"We've been on the ground for 45 minutes, squirt. Do you know how expensive it is to fly this thing all the way over here just to pick up you and your shaggy-haired boyfriend?"

"He's not my boyfriend."

"Oh, I'm hurt," whispers Loki sarcastically, as he wraps his arms around you from behind.

"Is that him? Put him on, I've got some things I want to say to him."

"I don't think that's a good idea Tony," you say.

"What's not a good idea? Sounds like a good idea," says Loki. You hold up a hand to shush him, and Loki puffs out his bottom lip, resting his chin on your shoulder.

"Let me speak to Lady Y/n, Man of Steel," you can hear Thor's voice faintly in the background.

"For the last goddamn time Sparky, it's Iron Man. And hey - HEY! Back off, Mr. Grabby Hands, before I strangle you by your own cape," shouts Tony.

You laugh. "If Thor wants to talk, put him on, Tony."

Your hear sounds of a brief scuffle before Thor's voice comes over the phone.

"LADY Y/N?"

"Hi Thor. What's up?"

"Ugh, what does that dullard want?" says Loki in your ear.

"Hush, Loki," you scold. "Yes, Thor. What's going on?"

"I SIMPLY WISH TO INQUIRE AS TO YOUR WELL-BEING. I WAS CONCERNED WHEN NEITHER YOU NOR MY BROTHER ARRIVED ON TIME FOR TRANSPORT BACK TO STARK TOWER." Thor shouts into the receiver.

"Jesus, Point Break, you don't have to yell into the phone," you hear Tony's voice faintly, followed by some additional scuffling before Tony's voice speaks directly back into the receiver.  "They're fine. I'd be worried if we only saw one of them. But the fact they're both late tells me - ."

"Hey!" you shout into the phone. "Watch it, Tony."

"All right, all right. Anyway, you two better get your asses over to the airstrip. We're already holding up air traffic control. There's a car waiting for you downstairs. Chop chop! I don't know how much longer I can take being in such a small space with this meathead."

Tony hangs up, and you shake your head, replacing the phone and standing for only a second before Loki grabs your waist and pulls you back into the bed.

"Not this again, Loki," you giggle. "We have to go. Tony's already about to kill you."

Loki pays you no attention, and instead nuzzles your hair, breathing in your scent.