Twenty-seven

13k reads

a woah hoho damn

GET THE TISSUES

*-*-*

Alyx's POV

"Miles, Miles listen to me! You're going to be okay...You're gonna live..." I didn't even believe myself. I don't know if I was comforting him or myself.

He looked up at me from his position on the ground. He was on his back clutching the remainder of his arm, his eyes sad and glossy.

"I-I know..." He mumbled, the life slowly draining out of him. The tears kept coming, both of ours, pooling out of our eyes like a downhill stream.

He reached up and wiped a tear off my cheek.

"D-don't cry-y... Y-you... you said it yourse-self... Everything's going to be oka-okay"

*-*-*

Daryl's POV

"Duck" I informed Rick and stood up, aiming my crossbow at the 5 prisoners standing in front of me.

"Get them out of here" I growled at Rick, referring to the group, especially the injured ones.

I kept my crossbow raised as the prisoners stepped out. The leader, long hair, pulled a gun out of his belt.

"Who the hell are you?" I asked.

"Who the hell are you?" Long hair shot back.

"Why don't ya come on out of there?" I asked and they did.

"What happened to them?" He asked, looking at Rider and Hershel.

"They got bit" I answered and Long hair rose his gun.

"Woah woah! Easy now!" I said, aiming my crossbow higher and standing my ground.

"Who are you people anyway?" The guy with a mustache asked "don't look like no rescue team" He added.

"You got medical supplies?" Glenn asked, barging into there little area and looking for anything useful. The prisoners looked annoyed but they didn't do anything about it. He came back out moments later with a metal rolling table. They lifted Hershel onto it while Glenn and Sam supported Rider as he lost blood quicker and quicker.

The group ran out the door and I stayed behind, carefully watching the group of criminals.

Me and long hair glared daggers at each other until I followed after the group and back to our cell block.

We barged through the door and Rick started barking orders. Hershel and Rider got immediate medical attention and everyone else watched in suspense.

They are going to make it through that. I know they will.

Alyx came storming out, tears staining her perfect face. She ran straight for me and wrapped her arms around my waist, her face restating on my chest. Her tears moistened my shirt quickly, and i didn't mind. I rubbed her back in a comforting way and kissed the top of her head.

Her strangled sobs made my heart physically hurt. It hurts to see her like this, to see her in pain.

The footsteps of the prisoners echoed throughout the tombs as they nervously walked in the common room. I readjusted Alyx so she was still hugging me, but she was behind me, she was safe.

Long hair came in first, his pistol raised, then the big one, the scrawny one, mustache, and baldy.

"That's far enough" I said, standing up straighter and pointing my crossbow at long hairs face.

"Cell block C, cell 4, that's mine gringo. Let me in"He spat, waving his gun around.

"Today's your lucky day fellas, ye Ben pardoned by the state of Georgia, Yer free to go" I said, keeping my crossbow trained in the band of misfits.

"This is my prison! We're not leaving!" Long hair yelled.

"It's not yours" Dean said, walking in threateningly.

"Aye, it's Winchester! Where's yer puppy dog at?" Long hair barked, referring to Sam, I think.

"How do you know him?" Rick said, walking in as well, covered in blood.

"We were cell neighbors" Long hair said and Dean shook his head.

Rick just ignored it and looked back at the prisoners.

"A group of civilians, breaking into a prison you got no business being in? Why don't you take them to a hospital?" Long hair asked. While Rick explained that the are no hospitals, no army or government I whistled to Riley from the cell block. Her head popped out from a cell and she unlocked the door. I gestured for her come over here and she did.

"Take her away from here" I told the teen and unwrapped Alyxs arms from me. I kissed her head once more and the sight of her tear stained face made my blood run cold. I held in the tears as they two girls walked backed to the cell block.

Then I went back to arguing with the prisoners.

Alyx's POV

The pain

The sadness

The wondering

The emptiness I feel in my heart at the though of my best friend dying. His laugh, his smile, his everything... Just gone because of one flesh eating bastard.

This feels like a nightmare, a horrific nightmare that made its way into reality. And I can't wake up. This is real life.

This is real

I let out a agonizing scream into a pillow and shot out of bed. They told me to rest and try and sleep. How can I sleep at a one like this? When my brothers life is in danger?

I stomped down the stairs, constantly wiping stray tears from my cheeks. I passed the cell Miles was in and I collapsed In front of it.

People ran up to me, yelling my name, but all I could focus on was the slow rising of his chest as he inhaled and exhaled.

I Smiled and stood up, I ran to his side. I put my ear to his chest and I heard a heart beat, it was faint but God dammit, IT WAS THERE! I started to laugh, I was laughing but tears were still coming. I was happy but I was incredibly sad. He may be alive, but he is missing his arm. How can someone survive an apocalypse with one arm?

He can't. It encouraged my sadness. The horrible pain of knowing someone you love is going to die. Some day he is doing to die.

I looked at his chest and it stopped. The rising stopped. It stopped

Today is his day

He's dead

*-*-*

::(((

1) Sorry

2) sorry

3) how will she cope with this?