34: Minecraft and Euros

ROCKET

So, you know, my lovely best friend rants at me for like a half an hour and we go back to the cabin and I make soft love to him for like the third time in a 24 hour period and then we watch a movie, nap, and do it again and then eat a ridiculously late dinner (I'm blaming the lack of a discernible night) and do it again and he's lucky I've still got teenager libido from being pent up for 23 years, more like 10 considering I didn't have a sex drive as a toddler, but you know what I mean.

Before I know it, he's kissing me good morning on my last day in Sweden.

"Good morning to you too," I mumble, dropping my head back against the pillow, one arm slung over his bare hips.

"We have about an hour until we need to start driving." He whispers against my neck.

"I wish you could come with me." I run my fingers through his hair, bringing his eyes up to mine. He rubs the very tip of his nose against mine, circling it for a moment and then kissing me.

"Me too, but I think this is something you should do on your own and I have to deal with my family up here before going back to Canada." He whispers. "I would love to."

"Yeah," I tap my lips against the tip of his nose. "But you're right, this is something I have to do without my moral support defenseman."

He sighs, setting his head back down in the crook of my shoulder. My arms circle up around his warm and slightly sunburnt back. He took off his shirt while working out yesterday against his own better judgement.

"Should we shower now or in fifteen minutes." I ask, fingers in his hair giving it a little comb, detangling his bedhead.

"Hmngh," he mumbles into my neck. "Fifteen minutes."

"God, I could get used to this," I respond.

He just smiles, rolling off me. "Yeah, me too."

A half hour later, not at all on schedule, we sit down to eat a small breakfast.

It feels like the time is moving at warp speed because before I'm able to blink and say "i love you" for the hundredth time, I'm hugging him in the parking lot of the airport, breathing in how he smells.

"You'd think one of us was getting deployed or something." He mumbles against my hair.

"Yeah," I respond. "But I'm not. And I'll see you in like... two weeks. Maybe less."

"Hopefully not less." He pulls back, cradling my face in his hands. "Keep me updated. I know you forget to text people here and there but keep me in the loop. Be safe, don't talk to strangers, you have a plan, right?"

"I do." I don't, not a reliable one, anyway.

"Text me when you're taking off, call when you get there-"

"Håkon I'm not an unaccompanied minor."

He frowns, then smiles. "I love you."

"I love you too."

"Alright, and be safe, okay? Be safe. You remember Czech, right?"

"Yea," I laugh. "Yeah I remember Czech."

"Good, good. Do you have Euros."

My eyes go wide. "Oh that's a good point."

"Oh boy."

"No, no wait, I remembered to get some at one- no those were Krona." I pause, pulling out my wallet from my back pocket and shuffling through all the bills. "Swedish shit, Norwegian shit for some reason, there's Canadian money and I've got American stuff too-"