❀53❀

"We'll never be the same."

Taeyong sits in his office, blissfully unaware of the horrors that await for the day

Taeyong sits in his office, blissfully unaware of the horrors that await for the day. He continues to patiently do his paperwork despite the ongoing migraine, making sure everything is set for the day they take down Octris.

He's been gathering allies for weeks, carefully preparing and making sure that no plans get leaked. He's sure that Octris had places voice recorders to hear their plans, so he always made up plans to keep them out of suspicion. He didn't know Hwara and Jisung had gone on a date. He didn't know they planned it here. He still doesn't know.

Sicheng, back in his office getting ready for WayV's mission tomorrow, has a gut feeling. He couldn't tell exactly what was going to happen, but he knows it's something bad. His intuition could never be wrong—it's a gift from the Fates above.

However, he has no other information to act on—he doesn't know who the negative energy is being projected on. How is he supposed to stop something he has no clue about? So, he sits in his office, brushing aside the burning feeling in his stomach that something is about to wrong soon.

Jaehyun stops by Taeyong's office, dropping off the other half of the paperwork he completed recently for the 127 unit. He and Sungchan both know that Hwara's remembered half of her childhood—which would be great if that childhood was anything good. At least she knows her true bloodline—but once again, if only it was anything good. Despite it taking a year for Hwara to truly open up to the Jungs, both Jaehyun and Sungchan know she had a better life that way. Taeyong still secretly visited her back then—they were still close. Then she got kidnapped, and everything went to hell.

"Just put them on top of those and take that stack. Also, could you call your connection in..." Taeyong pauses, turning to Jaehyun and mouthing Astro before rustling the papers. "Right, call QRT for the alliance."

Jaehyun just nods his head, quickly heading toward the door again after collecting some more papers. Suddenly, the door slams open, Sicheng rushing inside.

"I just turned off the power! Taeyong we have to raid Octris soon, maybe even today!" Sicheng yells, slightly out of breath from bolting out of his office.

"What? Why?" Taeyong asks calmly, looking up confused at Sicheng's frazzled state. His demeanor darkens, realizing something serious must've happened.

"Jaehyun, you know how Jisung took Hwara on a date?"

Jaehyun's eyes widen, nodding his head while Taeyong snaps his head up. "He did what?! I swear I'm going to kill him," he mutters.

"Nevermind that! Jisung planned it here with the rest of the Dreamies."

Taeyong's blood runs cold before he immediately gets up, scrambling for his phone to try to and call Hwara.

Jaehyun is about to rush to his office to get his as well when a phone rings. Taeyong recognizes the ringtone, immediately finding it before responding, not even bothering to look at the caller ID.