Chapter 7

Keefe's POV:

Minutes. Hours. Days. 

Keefe didn't know. 

There was no time here. 

Only black emptiness. 

Even Foster's small transmissions here and there had stopped, and Keefe was worried something had happened, but maybe she had just given up on him. 

No, she won't do that. A small voice in his head argued

Why won't she? another said

Because she cares about you. You know that. 

Does she? Does she really care about me? It's probably pity or sympathy. Why will she care about me anyways? it said bitterly. 

Before he could go down in a downward spiral about this, a sweet, smooth, angelic voice cut through his consciousness. 

Hey Keefe,  it said, I'm going to get you out of here, ok? I will wake you up.

A few moments later, without warning, a lot of happy moments from fragments of memories filled his mind, emotions accompanied. It took him sometime to realize that Sophie had inflicted on him, and they kept flowing like and endless river. 

Memories swirled around in his mind, their bright and vibrant colors standing out in the black emptiness of his mind. 

He watched, Foster and him laughing, him teasing her, her adorable blush, both of them covered in Glitterbutt's sparkly poop, and many more moments of them together. There were a few of them with their friends too, playing Tackle Bramble and Base Quest, playing truth or dare during sleepovers.

A warm, fuzzy feeling filled his chest as he saw the memories go by, and all of his depressing and panicky thoughts left. 

She stopped inflicting after a while, and it was then that he realized that she was extracting the shadows that had sunk in during the "transformation" at the same time, and as the last of them left, he shuddered at the sudden lack of the chillness that had settled in. 

With a jolt he realized that he had control of his own body again, and Keefe's eyes shot open 

"Why did you let her do it?" he groaned again with his head between his hands

"You know that she won't listen" Elwin replied, doing another hourly checkup on Sophie.

It was 7 hours ago that he had woken up, only to see Sophie next to him clutching his hand in a vise-like grip and falling over if not for Tam, who had caught her just in time as she closed her eyes.

And not opened them since.

To say that Keefe was worried would be a major understatement.

He had demanded to know exactly what happened, but of course, Elwin being Elwin, made him go through a long checkup and gulp down a dozen ugly looking and even worse tasting elixirs before answering his questions.

"You should've talked her out of it!" Keefe said, glancing up slightly to see her sleeping soundly n the bed beside him.

"I think I'm gonna knock you on the head with my shoe if you don't shut up" Elwin warned, moving away from her bed. "You have said that at least a hundred times, and my ears are gonna start bleeding if you repeat it once more"