Wendy and Romeo?!

Chapter 31 - recap

He stands up and pulls me up with him, "Someday soon I will go further." He kisses my ear before walking away with his hands in his jean pockets. He looked back at my distraught self.

"And don't worry, I'll catch you completely by surprise," he adds before leaving.

• * •

Chapter 32 - Wendy and Romeo?!

I rolled onto my side yawning when I woke up. I had slept well, despite having thoughts about Natsu. I crawled out of bed and took a long and warm shower to relax my tensed muscles.

I sighed, "Ah...this feels nice..." And let the water fall over my bare skin. After about forty minutes I got out and wrapped myself in a fluffy towel and started to dry my hair. My thoughts wandered as I dried out my blonde locks.

After I finished drying off I grabbed a loose black top and some shorts. I left my hair down and didn't bother with any shoes. I left the bathroom and headed down to the dinning hall where Natsu and Wendy where already goofing around.

"Ah, don't you two know not to play around at the table?" I shake my head in disappointment. Wendy laughs a little before apologizing but Natsu keeps looking at me evenly.

"What?!" I suddenly ask, growing uncomfortable under his gaze. It was oddly more...intimidating...than usual.

"Nothing, just come eat already." He shrugged before picking up his food and resuming the conversation he and Wendy where in the middle of when I came in. I finished my food quickly and got up to head back to the sitting room to keep working. Wendy stood up and hurried over to me.

"Lucy! Lucy! Guess what!!" An excited Wendy was jumping around me. I laugh and still her by placing my hands on her shoulders.

"What is it Wen?" I ask her, slightly curious.

"I like a guy, and I found out he likes me too!" She gushed.

"Awe, Wendy! That's so cute!" I smile at her.

"Yeah, he's the best! And you know him too," she grins.

"I do? Who is it?" I ask, trying to recall meeting anyone Wendy knows.

"Romeo, the guy from that party," she blushes slightly.

"Wendy! I can't believe that, it's so cute!" I hug her.

"Y-yeah... I am gonna wait to tell him though. I want is to stay friends for a while." She smiled. I pat her head lightly.

"Just keep a close eye on him. Boys tend to be idiots when it comes to girls," I say and send a glance at my pink haired fiancé.

"I know you're looking at me," Natsu calls from the table.

"Am not!" I protest.

Wendy giggles and whispers, "I think you where..." Before racing off and out of my grasp as I turned to grab her.

"Damn...she got away," I mutter.

"Good, now you're the perfect prey," Natsu teased from behind.

"Shut up, idiot!" I storm out but I'm grabbed up and carried bridal style.

"Ah, ah, ah! Now what kind of hunter would let his prey just walk away in front of him?" He asked innocently.

"Your kind!" I protest and squirm in attempts to get out of his grasp. He laughed at my vein attempts.

"Come on Natsu~ I have work..." I whine.

He kisses my forehead before letting me down, "Alright, I'll let you go. Just this once though." He adds.

"Yeah, yeah whatever. Just keep fluffing your ego by making it seem like you're so nice for letting me go," I roll my eyes and walk into the sitting room.

"Better watch out Luce! Remember I always win..." His voice fades as he walks to a different part of the house. I let out a sigh of relief and sink down with my papers. And with that, I settle in for a day of more planning.

• * •

"Lucy...hey Lucy?" A soft voice called for me.

"Eh?! What? Where- oh... It's you Wendy..." I sigh as my eyes land on the girl. She was sitting beside me on the floor, where I had been laying.

"I... I need to talk to you about something..." Wendy looked down and twiddled her thumbs nervously. I rub my eye and push some hair behind my ear.

"Yeah, what is it?" I ask gently. She looks away for me for a moment and her ace blushes red.

"Well, you see... I was with Romeo and... we kissed!" She suddenly blurted. I stared at her for a moment as she looked down, scared. A soft smile spread across my face and I pulled her forward into my chest. Her small arms wrapped around me and she pulled herself into my lap.

"Lucy... What if he doesn't want to be my friend anymore? What if he doesn't like me..." she cried silently.

I pet her head gently and i murmured to her, "Wendy if he runs away when you show your true colors he isn't meant for you." This causes her to hug me tighter and she stayed like that for a long while, well past the sun sinking below the horizon. I lifted her up and sat with her on the couch, my eyes feeling heavy.

Little did I know we had both fallen asleep, and a certain salmon-haired boy caught sight of us as he finished work. A small smile spread across his face as he looked over his future wife and his little sister, sleeping. He lifted the blue haired girl and placed a blanket over the blonde. Carefully he put the smaller girl to bed before heading back for the exhausted older girl.

My eye peeled open slightly when I felt warmth beneath my side. I stirred and felt someone press their lips to my temple. "Just sleep...you haven't gotten enough recently..." Deep down I knew they where right because the amount of sleep I had been receiving was decreasing, and with finals at school nearing along with graduation I couldn't afford to fall face first in exhaustion.

And so, that night I slept in the warmest and safest arms imaginable.

• * •

Chapter 33 - Welcome To The Real World - preview

I stared at my reflection for what seemed like forever. I tried thinking back over the last year, remembering that a year ago Natsu and I where still only best friends, fumbling through life with no determined purpose.

And now, everything was falling into place.

Everything in our lives had led up to where we are now, and where we are headed. I hope you are proud mom...because I've done my best. And now I'm going to graduate, and marry the best guy in the whole world.

• * •

{Amazing News}

There.
Will.
Be.
A.
SEQUEL!!

Yes, I have made it 100% official!
I hope you guys are as excited about it as I am! The day the final chapter of 'The Geek's Game' goes up, so will the first chapter of the sequel.

What is the name, you metaphorically are asking right now?

The Dragneel Life (so creative, I know... *not*)

But, I couldn't just let this story go! I have invested myself in this book for so long now... And I have so much in mind for the next book.

So, when the time comes I hope you join me on that adventure too!

Alright, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I'll see you in the next one~!

~Kels-chan