Fear

"Falling asleep getting  tired of crying and screaming."

She fluttered her eyes open, a familiar weight on her chest making it harder to breathe, tears brim in her eyes, she was afraid. And the pain on the side of her head didn't help, it made things worse. But it seemed like it was starting to heal.

She let her eyes roam over the dark, silenced trees, the buzzing sound of crickets, the faint light of light bugs, she clutched on her dress, the light blue gown, which she didn't understand why made her feel like a patient, where had she been before that? How exactly did she end up here?

She gulped, she always hated darkness, it always scared her, she knew, no matter what, a person's heart has memories, vivid feelings, it let her know she was scared of the darkness.

She let out a whimper, what would she do in that darkness when she was completely alone. Suddenly she heard heavy sounds like footsteps, heavy but slow, she immediately ran once again.

She let a large oak tree cover her petite body, and put her hands on her mouth, she peeked through the tree to see whom those large and heavy footsteps belonged to. A large silhouette was passing in front of her slowly as if it could sense the fear of the girl, it stopped. Then she saw clearly the large fur, the heavy broad body, the small eyes, it started to smell the ground. 

Although the darkness was messing with her mind, she knew the next thing she saw, was not a dream, not a hallucination, it was real. Not knowing what to do, she ran the other direction, the dry leaves made a noise under her feet, she was afraid it would chase her, after her pathetic excuse of a life, but she had no other option than to run.

She had no clue how long she had been running or simply limping, because of the rough ground, her soft feet had been hurt badly, but she didn't care, all she could think of was running far from the deadly animal, she didn't know what it was, or more like didn't remember what it was.

When she stopped running because her legs gave up, it was starting to clear up, the sky was now a dark blue with a large amount of black and a small amount of gold here and there, the sun was rising, indicating the beginning of a new day.

She fell to the ground and closed her eyes, would anyone help her? Maybe even care for her? Did she have any family? Were they looking for her?

Those last two days just included her searching for food and ending up eating some fruits, because of some of them, she experienced food poisoning, and river water, her mind itched for a shower, and a good night's sleep, but she didn't even know how would she get that.

Her tears were still falling, she knew that she didn't remember anything, but what she experienced in the past days, she was sure that she never did before. Her tired body soon drifted off to sleep, but with a hope that maybe someone would come and rescue her, someone out there had to.

And so did someone.

It was after four days passed. She was still on her own. She roamed the surroundings to get some food and water, and every day she went farther, just in case, she could meet some people there. It was hard to live like this. Every night she prayed that maybe just maybe this was a dream and in the morning some miracle would happen and everything would be fine. But in the morning she found that those hopes were just the mind playing tricks.

Until one morning.

It was a normal morning. Although she was awake, she kept her eyes closed, She could hear some noises in the distance. Suddenly she felt a presence near her. Clenching her fists, she listened to her fear for a bit, not opening her eyes. But she had to face her fear.