Chapter 5

Sky, Riven and Saul had escorted the girls back to their room and left before Rose could give Riven his jacket back. After the events of the evening, Rose fell asleep almost as soon as her head hit the pillow.

When she awoke the next morning she felt weird. She had dreamt about Saul, Sky and Riven. What was the matter with her? She should keep her distance from now on. That would be best.

Waking up her little sister to go for a walk around the school yard before getting breakfast, her eyes fell on Riven's jacket. She wanted to wear it but quickly decided against it. She would take it with her and give it back to him. It would definitely be weird to wear it. Right?

It was the first day of school for the ginger haired fire fairy, and instead of being a big ball of nerves, she was deep in thought about what her roommate had told her yesterday. She should talk about this with Rosalie during their walk.

Walking past the specialist training area, Rose immediately found the three she wished to avoid and they also found her. Quickly turning back towards her sister, she asked if she wanted to go for breakfast. Bloom didn't, she needed to talk to her in private and this was the best spot.

"I need to tell you something." "Sure, B, what's up?" "Aisha told me some things yesterday that I think you should know. Apparently I am a changeling." She blurted out. "What's that?" Rose asked surprised. "It is when a human baby gets switched with a fairy baby. Mom and dad are not really my parents and you're not really my sister." Bloom told her while crying. "B, you'll always be my sister. Family doesn't end with blood, sweetheart." Rose immediately said. "We're still in this together, B. I'm not leaving you, okay? When you get to class I'll ask ms. Dowling about the room so I can stay here a bit longer." "Thanks Rosie, that really means a lot." Bloom said pulling her in for a hug. "Anything for you, B. Always." She responded.

Pulling back from the hug Rose told Bloom to go to her class while she would look for ms. Dowling. Giving her older sister a kiss on the cheek, Bloom quickly rushed off towards class.

Rose was trying to gather the courage to give Riven back his jacket and decided it was best to just rip off the bandaid. After this she would keep her distance from the three of them.

Walking up to the brunette boy, she saw that he had noticed her immediately. As had Sky and Silva who he was stood with. Way to make it easier to avoid them after this, she sarcastically thought.

"Good morning guys" she greeted them. Receiving a good morning back from all of them, she turned to Riven and said "thanks for letting me borrow it." Without missing a beat he responded "keep it, it looks better on you anyway." "Don't be silly, I can't take your jacket, here." "I'm being serious here, princess, it looks way better on you. Please keep it." He told her while holding her arm and smiling at her with that damn smile.

Feeling the confusion and butterflies coming from his mate, Saul interrupted the two. "Love, there's something we need to talk about. Are you free?" "Uh yeah, sure" Rose said unsure. "Great, let's talk in my office" he told the three of them. Putting his hand on the small of her back to lead her towards his office he could feel the effect he had on her.

Before she walked up to them they had discussed that they would tell her about the soulmate bond. Saul had noticed her confusion the most and was scared that it would only drive her further away from them. Risking her being a bit mad at them would be the safer choice.

When they arrived at Saul's office, he gestured for Rose to sit on his couch with Sky while he and Riven took the chairs opposite of her. "So what did you need to talk to me about?" Rosalie asked. Taking a deep breath, Saul said "you are our soulmate." Letting the words sink in, she got angry. "Are you fucking kidding me? Is this some elaborate prank because I didn't let you call me princess on the first day you met me?" She yelled at Riven. "I can assure you it isn't, love. I know you have been getting some feelings when you are close to us and that you feel confused about it. It is the soulmate bond that is causing that." "I can't be the mate or whatever the hell it is to all three of you!" She protested. "Yes you can, princess. And you are. We are meant to be together. You with all three of us. We were made for you and you were made for us." Riven said "we know you feel it too, love. Please, just give in." Sky pleaded.

But Rosalie wasn't planning on that. "I don't want to give in to anything. This is fucking ridiculous! I'm not your fucking mate thing, so I'm going to get out of here. Please leave me the fuck alone." She finished before storming out.

Getting up to go after her, Sky was stopped by Saul. "Leave her be. Going after her will only make things worse now." And you could almost hear their hearts breaking.