cinq

cinq. vote & comment if padfoot is a hottie ‼️

On the first night back, while everyone was gathered in the Gryffindor common room, there came a knock at the door

On the first night back, while everyone was gathered in the Gryffindor common room, there came a knock at the door. Cassiopeia, expecting a first-year student who forgot the password, went to answer it.

But to her surprise, it wasn't a first-year student. It was Severus Snape, her ex-best friend.

Naturally, he tried to approach and talk to her, but Lily and Marlene immediately started barking like crazy. Cassiopeia truly appreciated their protective instincts.

She knew she couldn't avoid Severus forever, as much as she wanted to. But what he did was truly unforgivable. "What do you want, Severus?"

At that moment, James tensed up. But it wasn't just James who sensed the tension. Marlene was ready for a fight, and so was Lily.

Severus asked, "Could we please talk? Outside?" Cassiopeia took a moment to think before giving him a small nod and following him out of the common room.

"So, what do you want?" Cass asked, clearly irritated. Severus sighed before answering, "I just wanted to say that I'm sorry an—," Cassiopeia immediately cut him off. "You should've thought about that before you called me a Mudblood."

Severus flinched at the mention of the word 'Mudblood'.

"I understand that saying 'I'm sorry' may not be enough, but you mean the world to me, and I don't want to lose you," Severus expressed, deciding against adding "because I love you."

After a moment of contemplation, Cassiopeia's eyes welled up with tears. "I need more time. I'm sorry," she said, her voice filled with emotion. With that, she turned around and made her way back into the common room.

Sensing the tense atmosphere, she hurriedly ran up to the girls' dormitories. Just as Lily was about to go after her, James was already on his way there.

He knocked on the door and heard a faint request for alone time. However, James was undeterred. He knocked again and used his voice. "Open the door, please."

Cassiopeia's tears ceased instantly. Her heart skipped a beat, and the butterflies in her stomach fluttered once again. She couldn't resist their presence. She got up, and to James's surprise, she opened the door. He cautiously stepped into the room and closed the door behind him.

"He doesn't deserve you, you know? You're kind to everyone and always willing to help those in need. You embody everything he isn't. He was the luckiest guy to have you as a friend. He should've—" James didn't get a chance to finish his sentence as he suddenly felt her arms wrap around his body.

James's jaw dropped, but he immediately hugged her back. Their heartbeats quickened, and the embrace was filled with warmth and love. Both of them felt safe in that moment.

Neither of them wanted to let go, but eventually, Cassiopeia pulled away and smiled at James for the first time. "Thank you, James. Please, let the others know I'm okay, alright?" James murmured, "Will do, love," before closing the door behind him.

All of their friends waited eagerly to hear what happened. He told them everything. ",—and then she called me James!"

All of their jaws hung open. No one spoke for a minute. "I don't think she's okay. After all she did hug you and called you by your first name." Marlene broke the silence.

Everyone but James broke into fits of laughter. "Alright. I'm going to bed." After James was gone, they continued to talk about Cassiopeia. "Do you think Cassie's feelings for James changed? Do you think she might fancy him?"

As everyone thought about it they all had the same answer.

Yes.