― chapter 41.

❝ you're my best fucking friend and you're a hell of a fighter

❝ you're my best fucking friend and you're a hell of a fighter. ❞

THE NEXT TWO WEEKS were the worst weeks of Ayane Cain's life.

Miguel was in a coma. He was alive though, and that was all Ayane could cling onto.

She had still not yet been able to see him, but Ayane was, in a sense, glad. She was not sure how she would have reacted if she saw him in the condition he was in.

But the worst part was the nightmares.

Ayane had been waking up every night with them, sometimes screaming and sometimes crying. She was still staying with the LaRusso's, so either Daniel or Amanda would come running in as soon as it started.

It was the same thing every time; Miguel falling over that railing. But that wasn't the worst part. The worst part was that in her nightmares, it was her who kicked him off.

She had been suspended for two weeks, though Ayane was surprised she had not been expelled. Tory had, and so had Robby. Ayane was only suspended due to the fact that Tory started the fight.

And Robby. No one even knew where he was. Ayane did not even want to think about him, or else it sparked an unimaginable anger inside of her.

Today, she was starting back to school.

Sam was driving her, though Ayane and Sam's relationship was also in tatters. Robby was Sam's boyfriend, after all. And though neither of them had mentioned Robby to each other, it was still the elephant in the room when they were around each other.

They arrived at West Valley High School at once. Sam shut off the car, looking over at Ayane and drawing in a breath.

"Be prepared for what you might deal with," she finally broke the silence. "Some people aren't too happy with you."

Ayane nodded curtly, as that had been expected. The people who 'weren't happy' with her were Cobra Kai, she knew that much. Ayane was sure they all wanted her dead.

"They'll get over it," Ayane replied bitterly, opening the car door and walking up to the school without anymore hesitation.

She was taken off guard as she walked inside to find metal detectors and security at the front entrance, asking to look through her backpack.

After getting through security, Ayane continued walking. She quickly paused, finding Hawk and his other friends not too far from her. They were staring her down, practically staring holes through her.