Necklace - Angst

Description: How I think the prison visit would have gone if Sapnap actually knew what Dream did and how heavy his effects were on the minors of the SMP, and if Dream could feel the slightest tinge of remorse /p

A/N: My head has been up in the clouds and I've been making far too many fluffs of my AU. also sorry for not updating, just put me out of my misery, good godヾ(๑^◡^)ノ"

btw: Sapnap is gonna be 29 and Dream is gonna be 31 cuz yes

TW/CW: Yelling, Strong Language, Mentions of Manipulation, Mentions of Angels and Demons

AU: OG but also an AU

Written: February 19, 2021 ~ February 21, 2021

------

Sapnap stepped into the cell that held his best friend... er, ex-bestfriend if you will.

The white haired man stared at the floor, not yet seeing who had stepped in. he didn't seem like he wanted anyone visiting yet.

Sapnap let out a sigh, he wanted to talk. he wanted to talk about what he did to Tommy, what he did to Tubbo, and to hell, what he's doing to Ranboo. the ravennette saw what that stupid and seemingly harmless smiley face did to the kid.

Dream looked up at Sapnap, his eyes devoid of any and every emotion you can think of. he was blank. without any sort of hesitancy, Sapnap spoke. 'You're an awful person'

The words rung in Dream's ears before he finally processed them. whatever did he do to get insulted the second his bestfriend speaks? 'What the hell?' Dream questioned.

Sapnap glared daggers into Dream. his face showing no sign of guilt for his first words. 'I'm done with you, thinking you can fucking get away with manipulating MINORS!' Sapnap spoke, venom dripping from his words.

the atmosphere was heavy with hatred, his hands balling into fists as he stopped himself from throwing a punch at Dream. if he did, Sam would come in.

'I don't know what you're talking about' Dream spoke, acting innocent. as if he didn't make a kid exile his own fucking best friend, manipulated the best friend of the kid, and then proceeded to fuck up another one's mental stability. and that kid wasn't just any kid, that kid was his fucking adoptive brother.

Sapnap's blood boiled with rage, what he'd do to beat the shit out of the inmate before him. 'DON'T FUCKING PLAY DUMB WITH ME. YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID.' Sapnap yelled as he punched the clock beside him. The yellow item was definitely not gonna work anymore after recieving a punch.

'I'M NOT JUST GONNA SIT AROUND AND FUCKING TAKE YOUR SHIT LIKE I USED TO.' Dream flinched away, Sapnap held his stance, seemingly refusing to move forward toward him or backwards into the goddamn lava.

'I FUCKING LOVE YOU BUT FOR FUCKS SAKE, YOU HAVE TO FEEL A TINGE OF GUILT. SOME FUCKING REMORSE AT LEAST! FOR THE FUCKED UP SHIT YOU'VE DONE.' Sapnap yelled, Sam could definitely hear them, and if he did, he didn't seem to do anything yet. Sapnap was trying his best to believe that the man in front of him, the man he called his best friend, had a good heart.

but manipulating Tommy, breaking down his self esteem, his confidence, his out going behavior in just a matter of weeks in exile said otherwise.

Dream was nothing but trouble now. No one could save him, not even a goddamn angel sent from above. fuck, not even a therapy session would work. the man he knew was long gone. and the person standing before him wasn't his Dream. and he knew that.

'He was getting in the way' Dream spoke calmly. 'I KNOW. BUT DID YOU HAVE TO FUCKING BREAK THE KID? HE WAS IN A WAR A MULTITUDE OF TIMES' Sapnap yelled 'WELL IF HE HADN'T BEEN SO OBSESSED WITH TWO FUCKING DISCS NONE OF THIS SHIT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED' Dream yelled back. Sapnap glared daggers as Dream huffed.

'And? You're obsessed with those necklaces we made when we were kids' Dream froze, his eyes locking with Sapnap's. There was a small glint of fear in Dream's eyes at the reminder of his last and only possession.

'You were just as ambitious as Tommy was, Dream.' Sapnap spoke softly 'In a way, he's like you. but unlike you, he has me. someone who saw their best friend lose their way and fall into a pit of fucking insanity.' Dream shut his eyes in disdain, never in his life did he think a necklace he and Sapnap made would have an effect so harsh on him.

'But then again. you said that nothing mattered to you, right?' Sapnap's voice cracked at the memory. 'So why the fuck would you care about a dumb necklace we made when we were 15?' Sapnap questioned as he ripped off the necklace he'd worn for almost the last 14 years. Dream's eyes snapped open as he looked up at Sapnap. his eyes reflected a mix of emotions, one of them was betrayal. Sapnap sighed and tossed it towards Dream.

'"I'm not a jewelry person, y'know. but I'll wear this until we stop being best friends"' Sapnap recited from memory. Dream's brows furrowed in confusion before it clicked. 'I want the necklace back.' Sapnap spoke clearly. the white haired man could feel his heart stop at those words, the exact words he promised himself that he would never hear from Sapnap. yet he failed at keeping a promise like that.

Dream hesitated before gently pulling off the necklace, Dream felt tears well up in his eyes, willing them away, he handed the necklace to Sapnap. his gaze casted to the floor, afraid of what Sapnap would do.

'It's a shame.' 'It's a shame' 'It was pretty too...' 'It was pretty too...' The words seemed to echo in Dream's head. the last words Dream heard before...

Dream watched helplessly as Sapnap dropped the two necklaces into the lava. Dream felt himself short circuit. the last thing he cared about. the last person he cared about was finally fed up.

He was finally done. Dream felt a sense of accomplishment in himself, he was free. No one could use him... but then why...

why is he crying....?

------

How dramatic, anyways go drink water, you're probably dehydrated.

I know it took me 3 days to write this, my schedule is tight like an asshole and it's hard to write about two very familiar characters in front of a 11 year old pussy that knows about the said characters.

Like come on, everyone jokes about being a shameless bitch but writing or reading about characters your favorite cousin knows in a fanfic that's mostly romantic is on a different level of shameless.

Anyways drink water, eat food, stay safe, wear a mask if you're going out, do your homework, papa puffy loves you, awesamdad is proud, and eedurrline is signing out! 💜💜💜