🌻Chapter 8

🌻

Once work was over, Gulf went back to Brenda's apartment. This time, he knocked on the door gently so that the other woman wouldn't yell at him again. When he turned the knob, he discovered that the door wasn't locked and it simply swung open.

He felt odd entering the house without saying anything, so he whispered "excuse me" to himself.

When he went into the living room, he saw a woman, different from the one he had met before, wearing almost nothing and with her feet up on a chair giving herself a pedicure.

She raised her head and looked at Gulf suspiciously.

"What a kid like you doing here?" she demanded.

"I came to see Brenda," Gulf said, faltering.

"Brenda? Oh, she died three days ago," the woman said indifferently.

"Died?" Gulf echoed dumbly.

"Yeah," the woman confirmed.

"But I saw her here last week," Gulf sputtered.

He could hear the flirtatious voices of a man and woman in Brenda's room. Seized by an uncontrollable impulse, Gulf ran to the room and threw the door open.

"Who's that?" a voice growled.

"Some kid is spying on us!" another voice cried out.

Two strangers were tangled together on the bed, yelling at Gulf's intrusion. In a moment, his face and ears were burning. He took a step back, did an about face, then ran out of the building as fast as his legs would carry him.

TBC