Chapter 19

"Luna, do you know about Rowena Ravenclaw's diadem?" Harry asked, moving just in time before the stairs moved. You leaped over a few steps and you landed right next to Harry right on your feet. 

"Oh," Luna said dreamily, "I do know about it. I guess you need help with knowing where it is?" 

Harry nodded and you pleaded, "Yes, please. Can you help us with that?" 

"Sure," she replied walking up the stairs without looking back at you and Harry. You grabbed the railing of the stairs, grime and broken pieces of the wall sticking to your hand. You continued to walk up the stairs, Harry right next to you looking up at the empty portraits where the people in them have evacuated. You wondered how they would be affected by this since they aren't real living people but you decided you would've done the same if you were one of them. 

"I believe Helena Ravenclaw is still in the tower," Luna resulted, looking up at the tower. Her hair was in a loose ponytail, above her blue sweater that was dirty all over. She had some dirt on her face but by the way she held her wand, you knew she was helping the others in the battle. She waited on the stairs, making you and Harry walk up before you realized she wasn't following you anymore. 

"Luna?" You asked, turning your head to look at her. She was at least two flights of stairs below the both of you. Harry stopped next to you. 

She made a humming sound and looked up at you in question. 

"Are you not going to come with us?" Harry asked, his throat tightening as he closed his mouth that turned to a flat line. 

"Oh, I can't Harry," Luna replied, her smile returning on her pale face, "I'm going to go with Neville and help him with the battle. I believed he wanted to tell me something, but he was stuttering a lot, so I couldn't comprehend. Have fun." She left, her face turning a slight shade of pink as she was consumed by the dark and gloom in the castle. 

You smiled and commented, "I never thought Luna and Neville would you know, have something for each other." 

"Really?" He asked, interested in why you thought so. 

"Yeah, I always thought that Luna would like someone else," you replied, chuckling softly. 

Harry shrugged and said, "Well, love is very unpredictable..." He stole a glance at you and the both of you turned away rapidly. Warmth spreading through the both of you rapidly. "Er, um, we should probably go over there now."

"Good idea," you replied, the both of you clearing your throat. You grinned as you stepped up the stairs, your mind already knowing what was settling between the both of you. 

"We're here," Harry announced, looking up at the tower that was destroyed, "I guess we don't need to answer a riddle to get in." 

"Thank goodness," you replied, relieved. "We would've stayed all day here trying to answer it." 

"Speak for yourself," Harry said, a slight grin at your surprised mocking face. 

"Are you serious right now Harry," you grinned, ready to say something Harry dreaded. He was prepared as he whispered, "Oh no." 

"Oh yes," you replied, laughing. "Says the one who couldn't grab a Hogwarts letter from the floor instead of trying to catch one in the air!" 

He chuckled and said, "I know, I was eleven, y/n, give me a break." 

"Or," you continued, holding your stomach because you were laughing so much. "When Seamus was doing that one spell in first year... He literally said 'turn this water into rum' and you asked what he was trying to do with that glass of water."