Selection Day

Your POV

The week had flown by with me spending my time with my new friends and girlfriend. After this day I wouldn't see them for two weeks. The trip was taking place on June 22nd and finished August 22nd. The plan is that the ship would be somewhere near the centre of England, everyone would travel there on the weekend and we would take off either Sunday night or Monday morning.

Enough about that! Let's get to today.

I woke up with White staring at me and cuddling me like she had every morning this past week. "Good morning, my dear human." "Good morning Rainbow." She smiled at the name. She had grown to like it, as I had done with the name Stardrop.

"So, my dear. Today's the big day." "It is." "Are you excited?" "I would be if I didn't already know who is on the list." "I wouldn't be so sure." "What do you mean?" She gave a little laugh. I sat up to look at her. "What do you mean? White." I could tell that me using her name almost hot her to crack. I grabbed my pillow. "What are you going to do with that?" I smacked her in the face with it. "What was that supposed to do!?" I shrugged. "You just thought it would be funny to hit me with a pillow?" "Honestly, yeah." "Oh, you little."

Before I know it, I'm back on my back with White on top of me. She was pinning my hands above my head. "Look who I captured as my little prisoner." "I'll never give in." "You keep saying that, but I know your weak spot." I narrowed my eyes at her. "You wouldn't." "I would." I watched carefully as her hand moved. In a few second, I was laughing hysterically as her hand glided over my side. "White!" "What?" "Stop, I d... Did... N't... Do... any... Thing... To you." I couldn't speak with my laughs interrupting my speech. "Apologize." "Why... should I?" Her hand moved faster. "White!" "Apologize." "I'm sorry for hitting you with a pillow!"

She let go.

"Good girl. See, it wasn't that hard." "No, I suppose not." Why did I like her calling me a good girl? What the fuck is wrong with me!? "White." "Yes?" "Can you get off of me so I can get changed?" "Can i-" "no. You are not watching me change. You can help me shower though." "What? Really!?" "no." "Come on Stardrop! Don't tease me like that!" "Just stay here, and if you're quiet I'll wear the dress Lola gave me for the whole day." "Really." I nodded and she shut up and pulled out her screen.

That one way to shut a diamond up.

White's POV

Stardrop was starting to have too much power over me. Who else could shut me up? Who else could tease me and get away with it? Who else would dare to even try and hit me with a pillow? I also recognised that this was something that I needed. A sort of support if you will, to keep me in check when I was starting to get too full of myself. It's not like she had a negative effect on me. In fact, Yellow and Blue commented on how my behaviour, attitude and overall mood had improved immensely.

That's the reason why eleven people from her year group were being chosen.

Originally it was going to be one hundred and fifty people we were taking as that was how many people, we would be able to comfortably fit into the rooms we had available. Each school had their own little corridor with three large rooms in it for the three-year groups. However, with the new relationship Stardrop and I had, I thought that she might be comfortable sharing my room. I mean, I had stayed in her room every night and she seemed fine with it.

I just had to ask her.

She came out of the bathroom wearing the dress and leggings. "How do I look?" "Like you're mine, my dear." She placed her hands on my shoulders as I wrapped my arms around her waist. "Perfect." She smiled as I gave her a quick peck on the lips.

Then there is a knock on the door.

"Are you two lovebirds going to the assembly or not, by the way you missed breakfast." I could hear Stardrop groan. "Are you alright?" "No, I'm hungry. But it's fine, I can just grab some food from the kitchen on the way back." "Are you sure?" "Yes Rainbow. Now, let's get down to assembly, shall we?" White nodded and we all left to go down to the hall.

When we enter everyone looks at us. I look at Stardrop. "Stardrop, would you help us with the assembly?" "Me? Why?" "You helped with the list." She looked off to the side smiling. "I suppose so." We walk up to the stage where Yellow and Blue were already standing. As we were walking, I see Stardrop's discomfort as she looked at the people staring at her. I quickly grabbed her hand and pulled her against my side. We made it up onto the stage and the headmaster started his speech.

I wonder if Stardrop will take my offer?