1.

River hadn't been to this side of his territory in a while. He had forgotten how much he loved to walk by the rushing water and listen to the sounds of nature. He thought about standing in the river and fishing a bit, but he wasn't particularly hungry at the moment. Fish was something that had to be eaten the same night. He hated the way it tasted as jerky.

He paused as a scent caught his nose. It was sweet. He took in a deeper whiff and started to follow it. River decided to get back into the forest. Out in the open was dangerous. That's what his parents had always told him.

"Don't go out in the open. They will find you and kill you. Our people must always stay hidden."

His Father's rough words always echoed in his head.

River was careful with his giant feet. He had spent so many seasons in this forest, he knew how to get round without anyone knowing. Not that there was anyone that ever came around. He hadn't seen another creature like himself since his parents went to join his ancestors in the sky.

"Humans are greedy. That's why our numbers are so few. They couldn't stand for giants to walk among them."

River peered through the trees. The slight wind blew the sweet smelling scent right into his nose. He took another deep whiff. He was coming to a known clearing of his. He stopped at the edge of the tree line and hunkered down behind a log. He peered over it at the distressing sight.

A bright orange tent was placed in the middle of his clearing. A fire pit was smoldering in the middle.

He nearly bolted when he heard the thing unzip and something was pushing through.

Out popped a creature smaller and less hairy.

Curiosity got the best of him as the scent became stronger. River raised his head a little higher to get a better glimpse at the creature that he was almost certain was a human.

He watched it stretch and make little grunts. It turned one way and held itself. Then turned his way. River held as still as he could, waiting to be spotted. He watched it's brown eyes scan the forest, roaming right over him and beyond.

The creature unzipped its piece of clothing. It was wearing something light underneath.

A female.

River caught himself mid-movement and cracked a twig. He watched the female get closer to his hiding spot.

She called out.

River knew better than to answer.

She must've been satisfied with no answer because she shrugged and walked away. River watched her pick up a stick and poke the fire. She placed more wood on top and bent over to blow on it.

Now he was sure this was a female. The way her healthy wide hips bent over and showed him her full heart shaped bottom, he was sure. This female was thick and meaty. River licked his lips and then shook his head. Get out of it. He liked the way her stomach made its rolls as she bent over. River shook his head again.

The female's back was still turned as he stood up. River gave her one last glance before slinking back off into the woods.

When he was far enough away, which didn't take him long, he kicked at a stump. I've been alone too long. He thought. His parents had died right before it was time to find his mate. That had been nearly fifteen seasons ago. River knew if he had made the journey to the tribe, they would have accepted him with open arms, but for some reason, he didn't want to leave his home.

River's father had purposely moved him and his mother out away from everyone. River had never asked for a reason why, but he assumed it was a good one.