13

•First Years•Word count 1182

•First Years•
Word count 1182

"My arms are so weak." Adelina groaned as she attempted to do a pull-up. She immediately fell off of the pull up bar onto the grass. Sky laughed at her causing her to quickly smack his arm. "Not all of us can be completely jacked!" Adelina yelled in an annoyed tone. "I can help you." A male voice yelled causing Adelina to turn around. Her eyes landed on a very attractive brown haired first year she had never talked to before. "Yeah help her... she's in dire need of help." Sky mumbles playfully as he pushes Adelina towards the boy. Sky gave Adelina a wink before quickly walking away. "I don't think I need a lot of help.... my arms just always give out." Adelina mumbled as she reached up for the bar. She tried to pull her body up but her fingers instantly started slipping. Adelina felt two hands on her waist causing her eyes to widen. "I got you." The boy reassured her as he held her body up. Adelina felt kind of uncomfortable with a boy she just met putting his hands on her waist. She sighed as she pulled her body up above the bar.

"Nice one Adelina!" Silvia yelled as he passed by. Adelinas arms immediately turned into jelly as she started falling off of the bar. "I got you." The first year reassured her as he instantly caught her in his arms. "Don't go over there." Sky warned Riven. Riven was currently staring at Adelina and the random boy from across the yard. Riven angrily ran a hand through his hair as he tried to remain calm. "Dude he's just helping her." Sky tells Riven sharply. "He's got his hands all over her." Riven huffed as he watched the boy place his hands on Adelinas waist again. Sky tried to stop Riven but he knew the other boy was determined to walk over there.

"Excuse me I'm her partner!" Riven yelled causing Adelina to groan. She was currently hanging onto the bar as she pulled her body to the top. "Fuck off Riv." Adelina replies playfully as she gives him a fake smile. Riven rolls his eyes at her before his eyes landed on the first year. The first year already looked scared as he started helping Adelina down. Riven was glaring at the younger boy as Adelinas feet met the ground. "Where's your partner?" Riven asked the younger boy sharply. "Over there but I saw Adelina needed some help so I came over to help her." The boy replied back nervously. "Well you helped.... now leave." Riven tells the boys sharply. The boy gives Adelina a confused look before quickly running away. Riven had a cocky smirk stuck on his face as he looked over at Adelina. "He didn't do anything wrong." Adelina huffed as she turned her body away from Riven.

"He's not good for you." Riven mumbles as he watches Adelina struggle to pull her body up to the bar. Riven quickly placed his hands on her waist sending butterflies into her stomach. Riven pushed her body up above the bar and then gently helped her come back to the ground. Riven set Adelina down inches away from his face. Adelina felt her breath get caught in her throat as Rivens eyes flickered to her lips. "I didn't ask for your opinion about that first year. You don't own me." Adelina tells him in a sharp tone as she quickly looks away from him. Riven laughed as Adelina quickly walked away from him towards Sky. Riven started walking around the pond when he started overhearing a conversation. "Yeah I wanna shag Adelina because she's hot and then completely ignore her." A male voice announced to his friend. "What if she doesn't want to shag you?" The other boy asked him. "Then I'll make her." The boy replied back playfully. Riven recognized the boy as the first year boy that was helping Adelina earlier. Riven didn't know what came over him as he walked over to the boy. The boy gave him a confused look as he looked like he was intimidated by him. Riven didn't even think twice before pushing the boy into the pond behind him.

"What the hell?" The boys friend screamed angrily. Riven laughed as he pushed the other boy into the water along with his friend. "Lay another finger on Adelina again and next time I'll drown you both." Riven warns them. They both nodded their heads nervously as they looked up at the older boy. "Don't even think about her or talk about her or I'll hurt you!" Riven yelled at them before walking away. "Did Riven just push two first years into the pond?" Adelina asked Sky in disbelief. "I think he did." Sky mumbles as he starts laughing. Adelina shook her head in disbelief as she quickly made her way over to Riven. "What the hell is wrong with you?" Adelina asked Riven sharply. "A lot of things are wrong with me can you be a little more specific." Riven replies sarcastically. "You just pushed two first years into the pond for absolutely no reason!" Adelina yelled at him angrily. "I had my reasons." Riven replies sharply. Adelina sighed as she quickly headed towards the pond. "What are you doing?" Riven yelled as he followed her. "Helping them because you treated them like crap." Adelina mumbles angrily. She extended her hand down towards the boys that were currently sitting in the pond. Adelina felt two hands on her waist causing her to scream. Riven threw her over his shoulder as he quickly walked away from the pond.

"Are you insane?" She screamed at him. "Nope." Riven replies back playfully as he carried her into the garden. Sky took a sip of his water bottle as he watched his two friends disappear from his view. He shrugged his shoulders as he quickly looked at the pond. Riven finally set Adelina down in a secluded area in the garden. "Why are you trying to control me?" Adelina huffed angrily at him as she pushed his chest. "That first year boy.... the one who was helping you.... I overheard him saying that he wanted to get into your pants and he was telling his friend that he was going to do it no matter what! Be glad I didn't drown him right then and there because I would have Adi... I swear I could have killed him!" Riven yelled angrily as he stared down at Adelina. Adelina opened her mouth to respond but couldn't form words. Riven was just protecting her. She didn't know he cared about her that much. "I'm sorry... I didn't know..... I guess I should thank you." Adelina mumbles softly as she looks up at him. Riven took a deep breath as he seemed to calm down the moment his eyes met Adelinas. Adelina quickly looked away as she awkwardly ran a hand through her hair. "You're umm... welcome.... it was no problem." Riven mumbles awkwardly.

______________________________
Riven protecting her 🥺