fell in love young part 1

Damian POV

I layed on my bed thinking about when I would visit Gotham with mother before I went to live with father. I would sneak off to go enjoy time with the one friend I made and helped. She had a hard life from the beginning.

Flashback

"Who are you?" I looked and saw a little girl. She had pigtails and was in ruined and pink overall with a long sleeve shirt on.

"I am Damian who are you Street rat harlot?" She looked shocked by what I said then simply smiled at me and held her hand hand out.

"I am Marinette. And so you know that isn't a really good insult demonic leprechaun." I felt my face redden at what she said. I heard giggling I looked and saw it was her who was giggling. I glared at her but I knew it didn't look threatening with my face still red.

Flashback over

I chuckled at the memory. She had been the first to call me a demon. Just then Todd burst in. He saw me smiling and screamed in shock. Which caused the rest of the family to come in that caused him to scream.

"Why did you scream Jay?" Grayson asked Todd. He pointed at me shock clear as day on his pathetic face.

"He was chuckling while having a fond smile." Everyone turned to me shocked to hear that. I sighed knowing I had to tell them since my digging to find her wouldn't go unnoticed.

"I was simply remenicing in a fond memory I had when I was younger outside of the league." That caught their attention. So I decided to make Todd more bewildered.

"Do you know Todd that you are not the first one to call me a demon?" Everyone froze when they heard that. Todd looked shocked and confused. I simply watched them process that. "And they are still alive." That got them even more curious.

"Who beat me to it demon spawn?" I glared at them but thought of another time. When I saw her for the last time and gave her a gift. I sighed and decided to tell them about this memory.

Flashback

"Hey Dami glad to see you again." Said as I watched her crawl out of her hiding spot. She still looked like a homeless kid but much better. I smiled at her.

"I feel the same Mari." She smiled back at me. I put my hand in my pocket and felt the box in my nine year old hand. I pulled it out and gave it to her. She looked surprised before looking guilty.

"Thank you Dami but I didn't get anything for you." She said embarrassed. I smiled at that before pointing a few things out. I waved my hand telling her to open it. She gasped at seeing it. I then explained it to her.

 I then explained it to her

"It's a Larimar stone. It represents healing and it reminded me of you. You have helped me heal from my rough and awful life. You showed me how to stay tranquil and calm. And to show you my thanks and gratitude I want you to have this." She smiled at me before launching herself at me.

"Thank you Dami. Can you put it on me please. And I promise to never lose it." I nodded and put it on her. It stood out with how she looked but it was beautiful on her. But then I heard foot steps. Marinette grabbed my arm and shoved me where she was hiding earlier. But when she turned to run a deep voice yelled at her.

"Hey you stop!" But she didn't she kept running and got to a large trash bin. The lid was sticking up since it was so full. She smirked before jumping on it getting flung up high enough to grab the latter that was above it.

But then the light hit her. It luminated her features. The cop who was chasing her stopped. He was white in the face then uttered a name that made her disappear into the night.

"Your Jovie Maria Drake." The panicm became clear on her features but she was gone before I kr the officer could utter a word or form a single thought.

Flashback over

I looked at Drake and saw he was in shock. I knew why but I didn't care. I just wanted to know where she went. I went back to Gotham few more times but could never find her. I found the police officer from that night and found out that they caught her. She put into the system and adopted but she fought every step of the way.

"Master Damian this parcel was left at the front door for you." Pennyworth came in. I looked and saw it was a simple box wrapped in brown paper. I took it and found a note under the strings tied around it.

Hey Dami,

I know your Damian Wayne so after a few years of not having the courage or more like the certainty I finally sent you a message.

It's a thanks for the necklace you gave me and a clue on how to find me. Along with an apology for staying silent for so long.

Mari

I untied the string and took the paper off to find a white box with a lid that comes off by pulling it up. I then pulled the lid off and stared amazed at what was inside.

 I then pulled the lid off and stared amazed at what was inside

My dear and annoying brothers came over and looked at it. I heard all three of them gasp in shock. I rolled my eyes and looked at was etched into the collar on the left.

Dami & Mari

Our nicknames for each other. We never told others about them. I rubbed my thumb over it with a smile. She had it down in green which she knew I liked. With me knowing she likes blue. But what did she mean by clue?

"THAT'S MJMDS!" Drake shouted which hurt since he was right next to my ear. I glared at him but then I started to think. That was a famous designer who only commissioned for a few and to be those few you needed to know those people. Which all of those people are super famous. I smiled knowing that narrowed down the search and I will get to see Mari soon.

Next part will be Marinette point of view