13

Revali let out a couple of caws in the form of laughter while still holding the salmon's dish, however he forgot that he was next to the hero; Link's face was still in a defensive way with his cheeks red with anger now because the rito clearly had mocked in front of him...In a new way.

The archer had to use a wing to wipe the tear caused by the laugh -So you want to know where I got that cute nickname, Linky? ~ - He asked seeing him with a mischievous smile on his beak.

Link looked outraged, feeling attacked but he was still there with his eyes fixed on those arrogant emerald eyes; For the rito, seeing the knight's flushed face seemed like an incentive he'd never achieved before.

-Eat your breakfast and I'll tell you - Revali said, he had bothered him quite enough for now; Link seemed to agree as he began to take huge pieces of meat inside his mouth and chew with energy filled by anger that gradually subsided as he finished his breakfast.

"He didn't even took 10 minutes to enjoy his food"

Revali felt again the touches on his shoulder pad, the swordsman was still angry; the rito champion smiled amused at the situation.

Now, ¿Who told you my nickname?.

He could lie to him, but he gave his word -Well, during my travels giving the princess's long speech to the refugees I came across ... Someone from your past- he started while gathering the plates to find where to wash them followed by the blond who looked at him expectantly, that sense of power about having the hero of Hyrule following him like a puppy satisfied him.

The rito found what was a wooden bucket full of water, next to a small clay container and a piece of clean cloth; Before the swordsman could touch his shoulder pads again, Revali saw him out of the corner of his eye -A red-haired hylian woman ... Her name is Isha- he commented while filling that clay container, depositing water and cleaning the dishes as well as possible.

Link went from an angry expression to a face full of illusion, that gave the rito time to finish cleaning and giving him the utensils; The swordsman took these to where the common dishes were to place them there, he went back jogging with his eyes shining with hope.

¿Isha? ¿Where did you find her? ¿How is she?

The archer let out a sigh, he used the topic to make him beg but the knight seemed genuinely concerned as when he during his all-night wake taking care of everyone before and during the calamity.

Revali passed a wing behind his head feeling the beads of his braids -She's fine, in fact, she is already settled at the Rito village and engaged to one of the village's warriors; Nill, she'll be fine, he's a formidable fighter and a good rito- he commented.

An expression of surprise was drawn on the Link's face

A Hylian and a Rito? Can they get engaged? Wow! That sounds very cute! I am very happy for her.

He smiled unconsciously at that comment and reminded him of something; he reached for a small cream-colored pouch that hung from his waist with the symbol of the rito and extended an envelope addressed to Link with a white feather on the wax seal.

Link turned the envelope over to see the receiver's name: "Linky" Revali saw how the knight blushed at that nickname but was more expectant when he opened the letter; It was an invitation to a wedding in the rito village that was going to occur in almost six months as a letter from Isha; As the hylian readed the letter with extraordinary speed, a smile was drawn on his face.

Revali stared at him, at how the knight smiled, showing his teeth, excited; Like a child.

It was the first time he saw him like that.

The moment of appreciation faded when they heard a voice behind them -Champions! How are your arms today? - It was Arn, quickly Link placed the invitation together with the letter inside the envelope to give it to the archer; The swordsman turned with his father while Revali "hid the secret."

-Our arms are fine? - the rito replied as the old man put a big hammer on his wings -Woah woah woah, I'm here to supervise, the rito are not made to "demolish" - he commented, returning the hammer to the old man.

Arn gave a loud laugh and then stuck the hammer to Revali's chest until he agreed to carry the tool again -It's a matter of technique, not of race- he said, Link had been given an ax, both looked at the blacksmith confused.

They were guided to a several damaged section, Arn pulled with him two large metal carts -One for large stones left over from the remnants and another for wood- he commented, patting both of the carts -¿Who gave you the authority to lead the reconstruction old man? - Revali asked.

- I led the people in the defense against the monsters at Hateno and took care of them during the calamity, if it's is in your "camipion's hands" to help us as promised to the princess you can simply slack around as useless statues- said Arn before retiring.

Link sighed and started cutting some trees, he started with one, chop the trunk into pieces and put them on a cart, he looked used to all kinds of work.

Revali saw the hammer, weapons that implied brute force were not his specialty but it was true that he possessed strength since his Great Eagle Bow was not exactly a weak elastic slingshot, he approached a knocked down a weak wall, focused an objective on the cracks to then give a precise blow spreading what was left of that wall on large rocks.

An idea occurred to him, he turned to the blond -Hey, Linky- he called, Link gave him a murderous look that he obviously ignored completely -¿What if we make a bet? Whoever fills their car first wins, if I win, you will let me tell the rest of the champions your nickname; Oh, and you will let me use it too- he commented holding a stone under his wing.

And if I win, you will forget about the "Linky" matter.

-Sounds like a fair deal- Revali accepted placing the big stones in his metallic cart -Let's start ... Now! - he yelled as he raised the hammer again towards another ruin and was dedicated to reducing it with blows, Link also began to chop quickly the following tree to divide it.

The carts were filling up quicker than the rest of the carts filled by other workers who watched attentive how both heroes competed furiously; The swordsman removed his champion's tunic and shirt to work more comfortably while the rito had his braids almost undone.

-¿Are they here to supervise us or take our jobs? - A hylian worker whispered to a goron one who only made a puzzled gesture with his arms. Little by little more spectators were arriving to the small competition that the champions had in hand.

- Little knight! ¿Are you already tired? - Revali asked between gasps as he turned around with Link, he saw how the blond looked at him in a serious way while the beads of sweat slid down his face, the ponytail was gone, now his hair was divided into wild strands of long blond hair and his naked torso covered in sweat  seemed to shine at the midday's sun.

Revali felt his feathers fluff up, he turned quickly before saying another comment -You better get used to that nickname- he exclaimed before giving another strong blow to another ruined wall.

(THIRTEENTH CHAPTER; A small moment of attraction, why not? If Link is a big adonis (although the one in BoTW version is more like a baby to me))