14

The little competition between them ended around 2pm; Link threw himself on the ground with his arms outstretched as he gasped and closed his eyes, Revali did the same, his braids were undone, long feathers that looked like blue hair were scattered on the grass.

Link won, he began to laugh triumphantly as the workers who were betting on the swordman received the rupees -Well and with that, we shall return to work- said a Sheikah who had settled the bets leaving the pair alone again.

-You cheated- said the rito between tired pantings  -You didn't tell me that you were trained to use the axe, that's cheating! -added as he turned to see the blond who was still laughing, a smile formed on his beak, it had been fun.

Link opened his eyes and turned to see him with a triumphant smile and started to gesture:

Well, you made the bet without knowing it, so deal is deal, you will stop calling me "Linky".

After that, he extended his hand to seal the end of the competition.

Revali snorted and then extended his wing and shook his hand -Well, i will do my best to fulfill my word- they continued shaking his hands with their drawn smiles; Link looked at how the rito's braids had come undone and his intense emerald eyes were fixed on his being.

The hero broke away the touch and cleared his throat to start gesturing

You should check your braids.

Immediately Revali took the wings towards the feathers of his head -For Hylia, ¿Where the heck are my beads or those damn woven ties? Ah! Heck! - He said as he began to turn from one side to the other, searching for the objects on the grass.

Link weared on his shirt along with the tunic to start helping Revali in his search, they found the four emerald beads and the ties after a couple of minutes.

-Now get away- said the archer, Link raised an eyebrow in doubt, the older sighed -For the rito, the elaboration of our braids is something very intimate, it is a ritual performed with privacy, it represents something very spiritual for the warriors- he explained.

Then I will make guard, I won't see you and also ensure that no one sees you

The blond offered, although Revali hated to owe him something, he accepted; Link didn't take long to redo his ponytail, he leaned on the handle of the ax he had used a while ago and looked at the landscape as when he used to escort the princess.

He could hear Revali muttering under his breath about his ruffled feathers and how difficult it was to comb the feathers himself after sweating and then giving triumphant little comments congratulating himself after finishing making each braid.

-You can turn around now, thanks for covering me - said the archer, Link turned around nodding his head in response.

They both began to pull the metallic carts back -I have a doubt little kni-Link - Revali began to say with his eyes focused on the stacked stones not falling from his cart, Link made a slight "Mh?" While he also had his own complications with the wood he had chopped.

When they placed both carts near of a goron group who were dedicated to making planks and bricks with what the workers collected, they returned to Link's tent for something to drink -My question is, ¿How many years have you been in Hyrule's militia? - Revali finally asked with his wings behind his back

8 years recently.

The rito's face showed confusion, Link looked too young to have been so many years in the military -...¿How old are you exactly? - He dared to ask, Link, seeing that it was mere curiosity and not a mockery he replied again

I just turned 18 a week ago.

Revali's feathers puffed up in surprise -¿Are you really that young? Y-You're almost the same age as the princess! You ARE the same age as the princess! - He said, it seemed impossible, at that age the rito champion perfected his flight speed and he could already handle a hawk bow with his wings to make perfect shoots.

He grew up training every day of his life and now he was in front of someone who mastered several weapons and was way younger than him.

The rito champion was envious, he began to scold himself internally for not training harder, ¿How was it possible that a .... No, not one TWO CHILDREN had finished with Ganon? ¿How did two children leaded the end of the calamity? He didn't feel that way about the hylian princess, but Link ...

The swordsman didn't noticed the internal conflict of his co-worker, he only had in mind a clay jar waiting for them in the tent and food, a lot of food to replenish his strength.

When they entered into the tent there was no one, Link went to his father's pouch to take out the clay jar.

¿Shall we get some water to the nearby river?

Link asked, the rito carried a wing above its beak -¿Can you go by yourself? I'll make poached fruit for lunch- he commented in a tone not as animated as before, Link looked at him curious and then made a gesture with his shoulders and went for water.

-24 years old- he whispered - You are 24 years old and a 18 years old child ... No, 17 ended with the calamity, a 17-year-old boy saved you from dying in Vah Medoh - he whispered in an internal scolding as if he wanted to mask his eyes.

He couldn't hate him, he earned his respect, teasing was something lacking without anyone supporting his teasing, he only reminded himself constantly not being able to possess a greater talent than the little knight.

Revali pointed with his gaze the desk's map and saw the possible locations of Terrako's pieces -I must train more, I must find all the pieces, I will not let them put me in the last place- he mumbled, the archer took that map to place it in his small pouch, went out and created a subtle airstream in order to take off quickly.

Overwhelmed by a feeling so familiar as negative, he accelerated his flight, took out his boy and started to shoot the monsters that were as far away as possible directly at the head and then passing by and in mid-air he picked up his arrows while he reached the destinations indicated on the map.

Revali landed in front of what looked like a guardian's graveyard not far from the intersection of roads where the reconstruction settlement was located but far enough away to be alone.

The swordsman arrived at the tent with water and ceramic glasses, he placed them carefully on the eating table, looked around for Revali; Link noticed that his map wasn't there and neither was the rito champion, he went out to see if he was in the pot for common use, nothing.

A little more concerned he returned to the tent for his sword.

Revali was walking, examining the locations at the map, the path between Hateno's fortress to the village was one of the many guardian's cemeteries that were now on "cleaning" after the calamity

-¿Where can I find those pieces among so much useless scrap? - He asked himself at the same time that a guardian's laser lit up, pointing in his direction, Revali began to hear a familiar beep.

(FOURTEENTH CHAPTER WUUUU; I'm writing faster and with more passion than when I wrote my thesis lol, I have no new comments AAAaaaa, I send y'all big hugs)