Chapter 5

Given the grandeur of the lobby, Harry was underwhelmed when the door opened to reveal a plain room, with simple wooden furniture and a stack of papers in front of the goblin sitting at the desk. However, when he took a closer look at the goblin, all thoughts about the office were wiped from his mind. The seated goblin didn't look outwardly different from any other goblins he had met, but his presence and the aura he exerted made it abundantly clear he was not one to be trifled with. That impression was of course bolstered by the huge sword that hung at the goblin's hip, and the ornate sheath it was placed in. The goblin didn't speak for a while, he and the goblin who had led the pair to this room obviously amused by the awestruck faces of Harry and Hagrid. It was Harry who broke the silence, after snapping himself of his previous shock. "Aren't you the goblin who showed my to my vault the first time I came here," he said, pointing to the standing goblin. "Griphook wasn't it?" Another silence followed this comment, in which the goblins shared an impressed glance, something that confused both Harry and Hagrid. "My name is indeed Griphook, I'm surprised you remembered, not many wizards remember the name of a goblin. But that is unimportant in this moment, as you will find out very shortly." The seated goblin leaned forward.
"Heir Potter, I am King Ragnok III, chief manager of Gringotts and I have been wanting to speak with you for a very long time."
"What, why? And why did you call me Heir Potter? " Ragnok and Griphook gave Harry a confused glance, surely he knew about his heritage? Nevertheless, Ragnok continued his explanation.
"I call you Heir Potter because you are the Heir to the Potter house and possibly others, one day you will become Lord Potter. The reason I wish to speak with you is to carry out the wishes of your parents. You see the Potters are one of the oldest families in Britain, and one of the first to use Gringotts as their bank, which helped us grow. For that, any Potter has the chance to earn the title Goblin Friend, which would allow them to call on the goblins for help whenever needed. And I have wished to speak to you personally so that you may carry out an Inheritance Test, as is custom for all Potters. We also require your friend here to have the Test, your parents stated that anyone with you whilst you were being tested, if they had not already been tested should also be tested." Harry blinked at the end of the long explanation, he had heard Inheritance Tests being discussed before but he had never imagined that he would receive one. He glanced up at Hagrid, who had first looked confused but now looked eager. He asked Hagrid if he wanted to go first, the large man nodded, grinning in anticipation. Ragnok pricked Hagrid with a dagger on his finger, allowing seven drops of blood to fall onto the parchment. He then passed the piece of parchment to Hagrid, whose expression changed from eager to confused to sad to furious. Curious to see could provoke such a reaction, Harry asked if he could see the results. Without saying a word, his expression still furious, Hagrid passed the piece of parchment to Harry. As Harry read the results, he understood the expression on Hagrid's face.

Name: Rubeus Hagrid

Species: Half human, Half Giant

Heir to: N/A

Magical abilities: Increased strength (half Giant), Increased durability (half Giant)

Other notes: Trust potion keyed to Albus Dumbledore
                        Loyalty potion keyed to Albus Dumbledore
                        Obedience potion keyed to Albus Dumbledore

"THAT LYING, NO GOOD SON OF A BITCH!" Hagrid yelled. Such was the volume of this shout that the papers on Ragnok's desk flew from their position, ending up in scattered piles on the floor. Noticing this, Harry knelt down to help Griphook pick them up, and after he had finished shouting Hagrid did too. "Sorry about that," Hagrid said gruffly, "those results were quite shocking."
"Indeed," agreed Ragnok, with Griphook nodding as well. "We at Gringotts have been aware of Dumbledore's questionable actions for some time now, but we have had our hands tied by Ministry Law. However, I suggest that we proceed with Heir Potter's test now. I should add Heir Potter, given the size of your vaults, recent account transactions that magic deems important will also show up, as will information about the vaults themselves."
"Wait, vaults plural," asked Harry.
"You'll see" said Ragnok, as he pricked Harry's thumb, allowing seven drops of blood to fall onto the parchment. Needless to say, all present in the room were shocked by the words that appeared on the parchment.

Name: Harry James Potter

Species: Human

Heir to: Most Ancient and Most Noble House of Potter
               Most Ancient and Most Noble House of Black
               Most Ancient and Most Noble House of Peverell

Magical Abilities: Animagus
                                 Parseltongue

Other notes: Trust potion keyed to Albus Dumbledore
                        Friendship potion keyed to Ronald Weasley
                        Friendship potion keyed to Hermione Granger
                        Love potion keyed to Ginevra Weasley (N/A yet)
                        Lust potion keyed to Ginevra Weasley (N/A yet)
                        Magical core bound 75% by Albus Dumbledore

Vaults: Potter trust vault - 500,000 Galleons
              Potter Vault - 30 million Galleons and other items
              Black Vault - 25 million Galleons and other items
              Peverell Vault - 15 million Galleons and other items

Transactions: From Potter Vault to Ronald Weasley - 100,000 Gs
                          From Potter Vault to Hermione Granger - 100,000 Gs
                          From Potter Vault to Ginevra Weasley - 100,000 Gs
                          From Potter Vault to Molly Weasley - 150,000 Gs
                          From Potter Vault to Albus Dumbledore - 1 million Gs

If Hagrid's reaction had damaged the office, it was nothing compared to the result of Harry's unleashed fury. All objects in the office rose off the floor and began shaking, as if they were about to explode. Harry's eyes were burning with green flames as anger and magic pulsed through his veins.
"Ragnok," Harry said "Tell me there's a way to remove these binds and potions from me and Hagrid, as well as stopping these transactions." Ragnok nodded and slid three rings across his desk towards Harry. "These are Lordship rings. If the magic accepts you, you will become Lord of those three houses, (the current Lord Black, although he is alive is willing for you to take up the Lordship) and any harmful magical substances will be purged from your body. This act will also emancipate you and you will become a legal adult. It is possible to do the same for your friend, but it will require more time, it will require a ritual due to his giant blood. As for the offending transactions, once you take up your  Lordships, you will have sole control over your vaults, and you will be thus able to stop the transactions and take back the money stolen from you."
"In which case King Ragnok, I'd like to take up the Lordships immediately, please pass me the rings." Ragnok nodded and slid the rings over to Harry. Harry first put on the Potter ring, he shuddered as he felt the magic swirl through him, before accepting him and the ring flashed on his finger. He did the same with the Black ring, but the magic felt darker, and more deadly. The Peverell magic on the other hand felt lighter, but no less dangerous than the other two. Once he had all three rings on, the first words out of his mouth were telling Ragnok to stop the transactions and take back his money. He smirked, thinking of his so-called friend's reactions when they discovered their vaults considerably lighter than before.
"King Ragnok, is there any other businesses to attend to?"
"Just one more think Lord Potter-Peverell-Black-"
"Call me Harry please, or if the situation demands it, just Lord Potter."
"Very well Harry, I as King of the Goblin Nation would like to mark you as a Goblin Friend. Throughout this meeting you have shown greater respect and kindness than any other wizard of witch in years.
"I'd be honoured to receive such a gift," replied Harry. Ragnok smiled and begun to chant softly in a language Harry could not identify. When he finished, a green glow surrounded Harry, which slowly sank into his skin. Ragnok explained that any goblin would now be able to identify him as a Goblin Friend and gave them permission to leave and "Go shake up the world"

A/N: Wow big chapter, just writing this note to tell you guys it might be a while before I can update again, but I'll do my best. Once again, please leave a comment to give me your thoughts, and share this fic with anyone interested.
Signing off for now...