𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚢 𝙾𝚗𝚎

"Boom," I say as I sit down on the couch next to Clay, shutting my laptop with a small smile on my face. "New video out." I tell him and he nods, not taking his eyes off of his phone. I make a small confused face and he looks over at me before smiling a little back then he looks back to his phone. I sit in silence with him for a moment and make a small face before scoffing and moving away from him.

I sit on the other side of the couch and stare at my phone as well. I look up a second later to see that he has all of his attention on his phone. I'm not usually one to get upset when he doesn't have his attention on me, I am fine with him doing whatever he wants because I am more then able to be independent, but this feels wrong. I look at him, waiting for his green eyes to meet mine but it doesn't come.

I shake my head and get up off of the couch, making my way to the kitchen and start cleaning up the counters to take my mind off of Clay because he is surely doing something important. I look over to the balcony where Clay and I had our first kiss, it was sweet and I loved how small it was. We didn't make it a big thing because both of us seemed shocked when it happened but the memory makes me smile because that was the day that I learned that I was falling in love with Clay.

My eyes go back to looking at Clay who is now staring at his laptop and his phone is in his hand but not turned off. A small buzz comes from it and I bite my lip, keeping myself from saying anything and start making dinner for us because it is getting around that time.

Suddenly my phone buzzes and I make my way over to it. I smile when I see that both Hannah and Will have texted me within the last twenty minutes.

I make a small face when I see that Will is asking if I will be able to come home anytime soon because apparently our parents aren't doing so well with everything going on in the world so I tell him that I will come home soon. He answers a few seconds later telling me that he loves me and that mum is happy to hear that. I switch over to what Hannah had sent me and I laugh a little at the picture. It's an engagement ring. I send her a question mark and she tells me that she wants to marry the girl, Zara, who she has been dating longer than Clay and I have been together because they both went to college together. She asks me if I can come home to help her set everything there and I nod because she is my best friend. Since I am already going back I don't see any reason why I can't help my best friend plan the perfect proposal to her girlfriend.

"Food," I say a minute later and place two steaming meals onto the table. Clay looks up at me and makes his way over to the table, phone still in his hand and I glare at this. A minute of eating passes and the phone doesn't leave his hand so I roll my eyes and look at him. "What's going on?" I ask and it takes him a minute to even register that I said something.

"What?" Clay asks as if he didn't know what I was talking about and I nod a little to his phone which is in his hand. "Oh, nothing." He says calmly and I make another face because if it is nothing that makes no sense. We sit in silence eating again, me angry and Clay completely oblivious to it.

"I was texting Will today," I say and spin the pasta around my fork before putting it into my mouth, waiting to see if that gets a reaction from him and wanting to murder the defeaning silence that is around us right now. "I need to go home." I tell him bluntly and he stops what he is doing and looks up at me with a small flash of pain in the green of his eyes as he puts his phone away into his pocket.

"What?" He asks quietly and I cross my arms.

"Family." I tell him with a small shrug. "Hannah is getting engaged and wants me to be there with her." I add because he knows how close I am with Hannah but when I look at him he is staring at me like a lost puppy. "What?" I ask confused and he opens his mouth then closes it, thinking about whatever he is going to say and I wait in silence.

"You're leaving?" Clay asks, his voice quieter than before and I nod a little. "But," He says looking around the apartment and I know he is thinking about the last time I left. I hadn't planned on coming back then but Hannah had convinced me to come home. I got scared of what happened here when he got raided by the police, the feeling of our privacy being invaded is one that I never want to feel again. I ran in response to the way I felt and I now see that it was a bad way to react to how I was feeling but then I wasn't thinking, I just wanted to go home.

"You'll be ok, Clay." I tell him, picking up my plate and taking it to the sink.

"Are you mad at me?" He asks as I wash the plate off.

"No." I say and don't turn to face him before making my way back to our room.