xxix

TW: drug usage

My feet landed on the garden of our house, the sun was shining brightly as I levitated my trunk and my brother's owl back to the house, leaving the cat carrier on the garden. In the living room, there was one of the weirdest ensembles of people I had ever seen.

Mum was sitting on one of the longer couches with Andromeda and Sirius. Sirius was now cleaner, wearing fresh clothes and looked definitely healthier than last week. Dora was sitting on the arm of the couch almost falling over and uncle Ted was on the other arm. Mamie was sitting on a love seat, her beautiful face angered and eyes narrowed, and standing on the side was a man with brown hair, shabby clothes and scars scattered on his face. Clotilde was sitting on the floor and Tim being Tim was making coffee and tea for everyone.

"Where is Duchess?" Clo looked up at me.

"In the garden, you have hands so go pick your stupid cat up, I'm not going close to that demon again" I fake smiled at her and tried going up the stairs when mamie yelled.

"NOT SO FAST GIRL!". I flinched at the sound of her voice. I walked over to the dining room where the man I didn't know was standing and he smiled brightly at me.

"I will pay you a one hundred thousand galleons if you hit me with the killing curse right now" I said to him. He laughed and shook his head.

"I believe you can't remember me Madeleine, I'm-" he said but Sirius stood up and hugged me.

"Maddibear this is Moony, you have already met but your brain was the size of a pea back then"

"Nice to meet you Moony, you can call me Maddie the bear is not necessary and it's your brain that's the size of a pea Snuffles, at least mine grew" I smirked and Sirius scoffed.

"She's definitely your god daughter Padfoot" Remus laughed and I caught Dora looking at him in adoration, making a mental note to get her to spill the beans later.

Timothée was now handing each of us our drinks and I saw mum taking a cup with one hand and running her other hand through he hair.

"By the look on your face it looks like what you really need mother is an Irish coffee" I joked but only Sirius laughed. "Oh come on it was a good one".

"You have spent way too much time with the twins to think that that was a good one" Clo smirked and I had to resist the urge of flipping her off.

"Mum can you tell us what is going on?" my brother asked her.

"I will tell you what's going on dear, Madeleine-" mamie began but mum cut her short.

"Let's start from the beginning and then you and Maddie can talk privately mamie" mum sighed and stood up.

"Twenty years ago when I was disowned from the family the war was barely starting. I went to Andromeda's and then I decided to move to France, where I clearly met your father-"

"Yes we already know that mum"

"Jesus fuck Clotilde just let the woman speak" I rolled my eyes.

"Language" Sirius joked.

"You're telling me to mind my language" I lifted my brows at him.

"Moving on, when I married your father I knew that we would be in danger. He was half veela and you all know what our family believed in, so we had to be careful and quiet about it. Not many people attended our wedding but the ones who did were members of this secret society that Dumbledore founded to fight off You-Know-Who. Remus and Sirius were part of it, just like Harry's parents, Molly Weasley's brothers who were dear friends of mine and many others.