12

"Dagli solo quei fottuti droghe così può smetterla di abbaiare!" Val's yelling wakes me up. I rub my eyes from the sudden bright light as I sit up.

"Oh I'm sorry amore, did I wake you up?" His tone changes and he warmly smiles at me. I shake my head and I leave his office hoping for some peace and quiet. I pass by Nonna on my way out.

"Hey, do you know what time it is?" I ask her.

"Let's see..." She looks at her diamond watch. "It's 4 pm, everyone is at the pool by the way."

"Okay, thanks." I wobble up the marble stairs and into Val's room.

"Now where did I put all my bathing suits?" I mumble to myself. Aha, found them. I pull out a black two piece and I slip it on. I put on my sunglasses and I look at myself in the mirror to take out my messy braid.

"Wanna popsicle?" Selena asks as I walk to the pool.

"Sure. Give me strawberry."

"She reaches inside the outdoor fridge and pulls out a red popsicle.

"Thanks!" I say, unwrapping it from the plastic. I start sucking on it as I lay down on my back next to the pool. The sun was warming up my bare body which felt so nice.

The kids, Matteo, and Alex were playing two on two volleyball in the pool while Isabella and Maria were in the steaming hot tub.

"Dante, Dolce, come here!" I call out to them. The dogs run over and start licking me as I giggle. "No! Don't lick my popsicle!" Selena and I laugh as I hold it up high so that they can't reach it.

I quickly finish the popsicle and I lay back down to sun bathe.

"You're gonna get sunburned like that." Carlo says, standing above me.

"Whatever." I roll my eyes. He gets a tube of sunscreen and tells me to roll over on my stomach. "Fine." I sigh, rolling over. He squeezes a fair amount onto his hand and starts rubbing it on my back as I close my eyes.

"Can you unbuckle the back, I don't want to get it on your bathing suit." He says, bending over me.

I unbuckle the straps and he starts massaging the sunscreen onto my shoulders. "Wow, you have nice skin."

It feels so good... wait a second, why is he-

"Okay I'm done! Can you do me now?"

"Uh, sure." I say confused as I put the straps back on.

"Oh, I get it. You think I have ulterior motives, yes?"

"I mean yea, this is kind of weird." I say honestly.

"I know it's not obvious but, I'm gay." He starts laughing.

"No fucking way. I was seriously freaking out a couple seconds ago, and was about to call you a perv." I start laughing with him. "Your turn now!" I tell him as he lays on his stomach.

"Damn, what do you mean I have nice skin?! Look at yours, you're so tan!" I say amazed.

"I guess, but I mean I was born like this. Isabella is hella tan too."

"Your English is really good by the way."

"Thanks! I'm like the only one in the family that doesn't have an accent. I'm good at learning languages fast." He brags with the same cocky smile. "Also..." His smile grows bigger. "I noticed some pretty scary bite marks on your back."

"Huh?!" I touch my shoulders and I feel the deep imprints Val put on me. "Fuck, that idiot, it's so noticeable."

"That's gonna be bad for tonight." Carlo grimaces.