4.7 the yule ball

Y/N's pov ϟ

"Hermione, can you help me with my hair?" I asked, finishing up my light makeup. I turned to look at her, struggling with her eyeshadow.

"I'll do your makeup if you do my hair," I compromised, holding out a makeup brush.

She rolled her eyes playfully before bringing over her curling iron.

"Sit still, Y/N."

"Yes, ma'am!" I saluted her teasingly before sitting down.

She started curling my hair lightly as I looked at myself in the mirror. I had on a burgundy strapless dress that hugged my curves. My heart sped up as I thought of Harry.

"Done!" Hermione's voice snapped me back into reality.

"Mione, you really outdid yourself! Thank you!" I exclaimed, turning around in front of the mirror. She laughed before sitting down in the chair. "My turn!"

I reached over to grab the eyeshadow and applied light pink and lavender shades onto her eyelids. 

"You're an artist, Y/N," Hermione gushed as she looked at her reflection.

"Like Ron said, Krum is also an artist." I winked at her as she started blushing profusely.

"Oh, stop it." Hermione hit me playfully before grabbing my arm.

"We have to get to the Hall, it's almost eight."

I laughed as we quickly made our way towards the entrance of the Great Hall. The opening was busting with people socializing, the girls wearing beautiful gowns and the boys wearing fancy dress robes. My grip tightened in Hermione's arm as we walked inside. I looked around for Harry in the crowded hall.

"Erm... Ms. Granger?"

We whipped around to see Viktor Krum standing behind us with his hand outstretched. He nodded at me as I grinned back. Hermione glanced at me excitedly before I motioned for her to take his hand. She looked at me apologetically, not wanting to leave me alone.

"Harry'll be here any moment! Go!" I shooed her away with my hands, smiling. 

"Alright." She beamed before taking Viktor's hand. She waved nervously at me as she was pulled away into the crowd.

I kept on searching for Harry in the crowded hallway, shivering slightly and regretting wearing such a thin dress in the middle of winter.

"Y/N!" I whirled around to see Harry and Ron enter the Great Hall. I smiled and ran up to give them both a hug. Harry looked at me, his face tinted red. He looked extremely handsome with his black and white robes.

"You look absolutely stunning," Harry managed to get out, staring at my face.

"Not too bad yourself, Harry," I grinned before turning to Ron. "Ron, your robes look... traditional."

Ron groaned as put his head in his hands. "This is such a dodgy color. I look like my Great Aunt Tessie!"

"No you don't Ronald! You look nice, trust me," I smiled at him. "So who did you bring?"

"Pavarti Patil. I asked her in the common room last night. She said yes, thankfully," Ron looked over me to see if Hermione was here. "Poor kid. I bet she's alone in her room, crying her eyes out."

"Who?" Harry asked obliviously.

"Hermione, of course."

Ron leaned into us before continuing. "Why do you think she wouldn't tell us who she's coming with? Because we'd take the mickey out of her if she did. Nobody asked her." He leaned back, hands in his pockets. He looked so smug I wanted to tell him that Viktor Krum had asked her, but decided against it.