Chapter 5 - Pink is my new favorite color

Lexi's POV

I have no idea why I let Gia talk me into bringing her hot pink pushup bra to class as my product to market. During our roommate dinner last night, I made the terrible mistake of complaining how I couldn't come up with anything except possibly Chapstick when she offered up her bra.

"I bought it because I need a cute bra. It's pushup which gives me confidence, and it's a necessity since I have boobs." she explained, giving me plenty of reasons as to why this bra would attract a consumer.

Too bad I'm not using any of that since I will have to state my reasons in front of the whole class, including an already horny baseball player.

Except that I have no other ideas and marketing is not my best subject, so I said screw it and threw it in my bookbag. I can only imagine the look on Mason's face will be like when I present it.

I thought after I texted him he'd do what every guy does - not respond. Instead, he's been texting me all day. Doesn't he have practice or other classes like the rest of us?

I met up with the SGCU Entertainment club last night to finish our email pitch to artist's managers. So far, we're pitching Drake, Harry Styles, Taylor Swift, Olivia Rodrigo, Justin Bieber, and Luke Combs. Personally, I'm hoping Taylor Swift will decide to end her concert hiatus and play at our university, but I don't see that happening.

As a group, we feel that Justin Bieber or Harry Styles is our best shot since they've both played college arenas before. I won't feel confident about any of it until we hear back from their managers. We probably should've brainstormed some smaller acts but when you're trying to compete with Florida State University and the University of Florida, you dream big.

I slide into my seat in the second row, setting my almost empty smoothie cup on the desk and pull out my planner. I check my blue sticky note to see what I need to get done today.

Pilates workout

A&R administration discussion board

Bring bra for marketing class

Read chapters 2-7 Music Industry Contract Law

Write cover letter for Timeless Music Publishing Group

Call home

Maybe I can call my mom when I'm on the treadmill at the gym. I'll be out of breath within the first ten minutes but at least I'll get to check in with her and dad. My parents always huddle around the phone when I call even though I've tried to explain that they can hit the speaker. Personally, I think they like it better their way and who am I to deny them of that.

For reasons unknown to me, I find myself turning around in my chair to see if Mason's in class. I spot the girl he walked in with the other day sitting in his seat.

She has big brown eyes, a sloped nose, and her blonde hair looks as bright as Kaylee's that I'd bet she uses the same sun-in shampoo. She's wearing a very short pair of white shorts and a pink strapless babydoll top that makes her tan look even darker.

She catches me staring and gives me a smirk. I'm about to turn away when Mason finally walks in, his baseball bag slung over his shoulder. He drops it on the ground next her then sets down his bookbag. He takes the seat next to hers as she leans in to whisper something in his ears.

Is that his girlfriend? She seems awfully friendly, and I know Mason is.

His head snaps in my direction as the blonde retreats and he shoots me a wink. I spin around, my cheeks flushing at the thought of them talking about me.