NINETEEN

UGH, MEN
( nineteen. )

━ ❁ ━

"IF YOU'RE STILL HERE, then that means you don't suck," James announced. He was standing in front of the remaining Gryffindors. Out of the 30 that came to tryouts, only nine remained: Frank Longbottom, Larissa Vandal, Steve Yoon, Cindy Cross, Khloe Champ, Zane Jacobs, Stella Carter, Cole Kidman, and Christopher Lewis. "I'm going to split you up according to your desired position, and you're all going to play with what remains of last year's team while I watch. This last game is what will determine whether or not you're on the team."

Andrea and Sirius stood next to James, and the girl could tell a couple of the people in front of her were ready to pass out. She exchanged a ready look with Sirius, and by James' nod of confirmation, the two hopped onto their broomsticks and hovered in the air.

"I want the following to get on their broomsticks, and join Andrea on the left side of the field," James said. He peered down at the list he created, and tried his best to decipher his terrible handwriting (it didn't help that Andrea had stolen the paper more than once to draw a rather terrible depiction of Filch in a sombrero). "Frank as keeper, Cole, you'll join Andrea as chaser, Zane, you're beater, and Stella, seeker."

The following Gryffindors did as James instructed, and formed a little group around Andrea.

"Now, I want the rest of you to join Sirius on the right side of the field. Khloe, you'll be keeper, Chris; you'll join Sirius as a beater, Steve and Larissa as chasers, and finally, Cindy as seeker."

They as well did what they were told.

"You have five minutes to form your strategies, and then we'll play!" James announced up at the two groups. They all nodded down at him. The bespectacled boy smiled at the sight, and then he walked closer to the stands so he could talk to Lily.

"Alright team," Andrea said, smiling politely at the group in front of her. "I want Zane up high; watching out for Cole, Stella, and I," she said, looking right at the buzz-cut boy. Zane nodded. "You need to be quick with your reflexes, okay? We're one beater down compared to the other team, but I know Sirius is going to pay more attention to his team's skills rather than actually playing. As will I, so I want, you, Cole," she turned to face the dark-skinned boy. "To be on high alert. The moment James blows his whistle, do your best to reach the quaffle first. I'll be around so you can throw it to me if you need to, but you also need to try to score some points." Cole nodded in understanding, and he looked to be giving himself some sort of pep talk. "Frank and Stella, you know your jobs. Stella, I know James won't let the snitch get too far away so you don't have to worry about going further than the confines of the pitch. But keep your eyes open." Stella muttered a quiet 'okay', but she looked like she was going to fall off her broom. Andrea frowned at the sight. "I don't want you all to worry, at the end of the day, Quidditch is about having fun. Don't let Potter get in to your head; he's only being so attention-to-detail because Lily is watching," she teased, hoping she was speaking loud enough for James to hear.

He flipped her off in the distance.

Andrea giggled, and before she knew it, the whistle sounded.

━ ❁ ━

Sirius's team ended up winning the scrimmage. Despite Cindy catching the snitch within the first five minutes, the second James blew his whistle, Cole fell off his broom. They weren't too high up in the sky so he didn't get hurt, but he was disqualified.