EIGHT

EIGHT

Thursday Evening

I pulled up to The Yeontan Lounge at about 6:00, knowing the guys would be there at the very least unloading their equipment by then for their 7:30 gig. I had planned on having a drink as I watched them set up. It was an upscale, but tastefully gritty lounge that felt like a time capsule straight out of the roaring 20's. The lush red velvet, gold accents, and classy vintage furniture - all of the decor was impressively designed and I genuinely couldn't tell whether the lounge was actually as old as it appeared to be.

As I walked in through the heavy wooden double doors, the dark wood tables were empty, but candles were lit in preparation for the night's guests. The golden glow of the still-illuminated chandeliers cast a sexy veil of light across the lounge.

Up on the stage, I saw Namjoon and Taehyung setting up music stands and adjusting their stand lights. Yoongi was sitting at, what appeared to be, an antique upright grand. Fingers were running up and down the keys, improvising a smooth, Lydian jazz progression. He was deeply focused on his playing, never lifting his gaze from his fingers.

I turned towards the bar, making my way over to the stool nearest the stage, nodding to the bartender who took my first drink order of the night. As he was handing me a whiskey sour, I felt fingertips drag across my lower back and spun around quickly on my stool.

"Yoon..." I started, but startled when I saw that it wasn't Yoongi at all.

"Miss Faye..."

I suddenly found myself looking into the eyes of none other than Hope, who had a big, toothy grin. He let out a low chuckle before waving the bartender over to order another pint. Leaning over the bar, resting his head on his fist, he turned towards me.

"Hobi..." I greeted back, relaxed, smiling, and taking a sip of my drink, "It's nice to see you, too..."

"I wanted to be the one to tell you," he started as he dipped a straw into his fresh beer, "Yoongi gets hyper-focused at shows. He completely consumes himself in his performances, getting so into it, he's almost unreachable sometimes. I didn't want you to take it personally if you don't hear much from him while you're here. I hear you two have gotten quite close, and I doubt he's divulged this information about himself."