Breakfast for Three

It was early morning and Hermione was still snuggled under the sheets trying to keep warm. Lucius was already up and working in his home office. He was preparing to leave for Japan to see how Draco was doing. Lucius came into the bedroom and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Good morning love. Did you sleep well!" Lucius pushed a few rogue curls away from Hermione's face.

Hermione stretched out and nodded her head yes while smiling up at her beautiful flaxen haired wizard.

"I wanted to ask you something before I have to leave. It's about Severus." Lucius sounded serious.

"What about Severus?" The concern in Hermione's voice was easily detectable.

"Don't look so concerned love. I've just been thinking maybe we should move things along and talk to him about moving into the manor."

Hermione eyes lit up. Severus had been spending more and more time with them at the manor as the weeks went by. She sat up and nuzzled herself against Lucius. "Do you think he would?"

"I don't see why not. We have more than enough room. He could set up a lab and whatever else he needs. I think it would be easier if we were all under one roof."

"Oh Lucius I think that's a wonderful idea. I always hate when he leaves, it feels like something's missing." Hermione hugged him.

"I was thinking it might be good if he were here while I'm away. I hate the thought of you being all alone."

"You're okay with me being alone with Severus?"

Lucius had a puzzled look on his face. "You're alone with Severus all the time love. Don't tell me you haven't noticed me slip away while the two of you prattle on about potions or whatever else goes on in those brainy little minds."

Hermione continued. "That's not what I mean Lucius. We've, well it's never been just Severus and I alone."

"Im afraid you've lost me love."

Hermione was clearly frustrated that Lucius didn't understand what she was trying to say.

"Sex Lucius!" She blurted out. "Severus and I have never had sex without you." She blushed. "I don't know if it will feel right without you here."

"Ahh." He nodded like he was thinking about what she just said. "But you love Severus?" Lucius questioned. Hermione's eyes went wide. She'd not told anyone let alone Lucius that her feelings toward Severus had grown to love. "Don't look so shocked love. You look at him the way you look at me. It's alright. I love Severus like a brother, I know you two have a special bond. I also know that doesn't change how you feel about me. As I've said before, Severus is the only man I trust with you. If it were anyone else I'd be overcome with jealousy but Severus and I understand one another."

"Yes, yes you've shared other witches before." Hermione rolled her eyes.

Lucius raised an eyebrow and gave a slight smile. "Who's the jealous one?"

Hermione blushed again and smiled up at him. "I can't help it." She shrugged her shoulders. "I do love Severus, and I love you so very much Lucius. It's just been a bit, well- quick. I don't think I'm ready to tell him I love him. It's strange about Severus. His exterior is like steel but he's actually very sensitive. It may be more than he wants to hear."