XV.

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎

"How did you get wrapped up in Hydra? I'm sure there wasn't a 'Now Hiring' sign at the window,"

"I...I don't know," Thea said looking down aimlessly at the table.

"How'd Hydra get their hands on the stuff that made you, you?" Sam asked.

"I don't know..." Thea repeated.

"Is there anything else you know other than your name?—Wait let me guess...you don't know," Sam said leaning back with his arms crossed.

"Who's the woman in the videos?" Steve asked now standing beside Sam.

"What?"

Sam brought out a tablet showing photos of Arina. Thea remained silent.

"These are from surveillance that caught a glimpse of her fleeing the country..." Sam said.

Thea just stared at the images of Arina, a sense of relief went through her at the thought of no longer being near the scientist anymore.

"Why are you showing me this?" Thea asked.

"Let's just say we have a hunch and if all plays out right we could help each other out."

"And if they don't?"

"We're pretty confident on our end,"

Thea didn't know if she could either use crazy or stupid or both to describe the two.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because you could easily break through those cuffs and walk right out of here..." Steve stated.

He's right, the cuffs were made for the average person and Thea was a genetically enhanced assassin. She could easily break them loose and escape. So what's stopping her?

She didn't necessarily care about what cause Hydra was striving for; all she knew is that she had to do as she was told. But now that she's not there anymore what she wanted was to be as far as possible.

"You don't trust us and we don't trust you but we know we could help each other out," Sam said.

She knew so much things concerning Hydra and the way they work. They had the means and resources to put an end to Hydra.