𝟑𝟐 || 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡

"Real feelings and bad timing make the most painful combination. But maybe, just maybe one day... we'll be perfect for each other"       

                                        ♣️

"Mom, we'll be late hurry up, my friends are waiting for me."

Emma's sweet voice echoed through the room, interrupting the calm but awkward breakfast between me, Stephanie and Alexander.

I usually don't enjoy eating with them but today it's much more than usual. I mean it's normal to be awkward. I'm still trying to recover from yesterday, both the alcohol and the rough sex with the beautiful man sitting right next to me while we're having breakfast with his not so beloved wife.

My head ached terribly from the big amount of alcohol I drank last night, and I'm more than happy they both ate in complete silence without talking or asking unnecessary questions like they usually do.

Stephanie hardly looked at Alexander during breakfast. Her face cold and grumpy, completely lost the smile I was used to seeing all the time annoying the shit out of me.

She cleared her throat, wiping her lips with а napkin before looking at her daughter, who was staring at her with a big hopeful smile.

"I won't be able to take you, darling, Mom has important work to do" I saw Emma's smile slowly fade from her beautiful face and frustration settle on it, literally tearing my heart out. "Steve will take you, so hurry up. He's waiting for you" she tried to smile to cheer Emma but that didn't work out.

Emma nodded visibly disappointed. As much as I hate to say it, Emma loves to spend time with her mother when she can, because Stephanie usually doesn't have much time for her anyway.

But still, Emma is grateful whenever she and her mother do something together, she's always so excited to share with me and Ava all the details.

Emma sighed, kissing Stephanie and Alexander on their cheeks, then came to me, doing the same. I smiled sincerely, stroking her cheek gently before her little feet left the room, leaving us in awkward silence again.

"I have to go" Stephanie said after a minute, completely avoiding Alexander's presence, who ate his breakfast calmly, not giving any attention to Stephanie. ''Bye Amera'' she said, standing from her chair. I nodded, saying it back.

After Stephanie left, Alexander took a deep relieving breath, leaning back in his chair. I frowned. Did I miss something here? I mean I always knew they have problems, that's why he started fucking me in the first place but now it seems... more serious.

And am I a bad person for actually feeling happy that they're not like before?  Damn, I'm such a homewrecker.

Once I was sure we are completely alone, I put down my fork, placing both of my hands on the table, looking at him, but he looks like he's lost in his thoughts, far away from here.

"What's happening now? I seriously can't keep up with you two" I said, narrowing my eyes, breaking his peace.

He lifted his eyes to me but didn't answer, instead pursed his lips in a tin line, continuing his breakfast, ignoring my question.

"Alexander, talk to me." I sighted feeling the desperation in my tired voice

''I don't want to talk about it, especially not with you'

Can I slap him? God, how much I want to.

How it's even possible for a human being to be so fucking stubborn?