6

c h a p t e r  6:
d o n ' t   w a i t   f o r   m e

It was weird, not waking up in my own bed again. It felt more like a dream, everything that had happened yesterday with the conversation I had with my dad, Geneve and the whole new room thing.

I rolled over, standing up from my comfortable warm bed. I was still in yesterday's clothing, I also didn't have any other clothes with me, only my backpack and shoes. I decided to wash my face first and comb my hair, then I adjusted my clothes and put on my shoes.

Not long after I had woken up, there was a knock on the door. Expecting Geneve, I open the door with the same gold card Geneve had used yesterday.

'Dad ?'

'I'm sorry I couldn't visit yesterday' he said while closing the door behind himself 'I came to pick you up so that we can pack your things at home and bring them all here.'

'What about Geneve ? She was supposed to be pick me up so that I could go have breakfast.'

'Yeah we thought it was best to first decorate your room, so that you feel completely at home' he said while we walked through the empty hallway, I wondered if everyone was already eating breakfast or still sleeping 'and you'll be able to meet everyone during class.'

'Class ?'

'You thought you wouldn't have to go to school here ?' He looks at me with an amused expression.

I roll my eyes.

'I hoped.'

'The sixth and fifth floor are filled with classrooms, I made sure to hire the best teachers and make sure the kids won't feel too pressured.'

'So I can finish my last year here?' I said while we entered the elevator.

'Yes actually.'

Dad parked his car in front of our house. My eyes softened when seeing the place I spend all my years in living. I would miss home while I will be away, for god knows how long. It scares me a little as well, even though untill now everything that I have experienced in greenpeace was only positive. I wonder how it will go from here.

'You can pack all your clothes in these boxes' my dad said when we finally enterred my room 'call me if you need any help, okey ?'

I just nod, turning around to start grabbig all of my clothes from my closet. My father slightly closed the door behind him, I heard his footsteps on the stairs while I enter my closet. I had a lot of clothes, I loved them all. For some reason buying clothes and wearing these outfits I put together, was my type of therapy. Just like music is as well.

Only after River passed, all of it lost their meaning.

I connected my phone to my speaker, loud music started blasing to the entire room. I looked at all of the boxes my dad had put in the corner of my room, then I looked back at my closet. This woud be a lot of work.

Three hours later, and the only things left in my room was empty furniture. I had packed almost everything from bedsheets to facial masks even.

My dad loaded everything in my car, as my G-wagon had a lot of space in the back. When we we're done, I sat down into my seat, waiting for my dad to come. He sat down as well, looking at me the same way he did when he told me that I would be going to greenpeace. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.