how many?

*Steve Rogers Imagine*

Warnings: languageeee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Woah, where are you two going?” Clint spoke as he saw you and Steve dressed to go out.

“We’re going to the doctor, birdhead.” You responded.

“Awe. Why?” 

The team was sitting in the living room talking about random things. As he heard you were going to a doctor’s appointment, Bucky looked at the both of you with a worried look.

“Is the baby ok?” He asked, starting to sweat.

“I’m pretty sure the baby’s fine, Buck.” Steve answered.

“Then why are you going to the doctor?” He insisted.

“We’re finally going to find out the baby’s gender!” You spoke excitedly.

Everyone cheered and smiled at the two of you. They were all really excited to know what the gender of the baby was. Specially Tony. He wanted to buy the baby tons of things but wasn’t sure what color or what specific items to get because of the unknown gender.

“Fucking finally!” Tony exclaimed.

Steve turned to look at him with a “seriously?” look and the rest of the team erupted into laughter.

“Anyways, we should go, babe.” You spoke.

Steve nodded and kissed your forehead. 

You both waved the team goodbye and headed to the doctor’s office.

~~~

“Alright, Mrs. Rogers. You know the process.” The sweet doctor fixed her glasses and smiled at you.

You laid down in the small bed and Steve stood beside you, holding your hand. 

The doctor put gel on your growing stomach and spread it all over the place. Once she started taking a look at your little angel, you turned to Steve and grinned excitedly.

He smiled and leaned down, pecking your lips.

“Oh!”

You both turned to face the doctor, “Oh?!”

“I was not expecting this.” She stared at the screen in front of her.

Steve, starting to get nervous, asked, “Is e-everything ok, doc?”

“Just give me a sec. Mrs. Rogers, you can clean yourself now.” She softly smiled and left the room.

“Steve, hand me some of those napkins.”

He did as you told him and helped you wipe the gel from your stomach. 

You were now sitting on the bed instead of laying down. Your hand was still entwined with Steve’s.

“Y/n-”

“I know. I’m scared, too. But everything will be ok. It has to.”

As you finished speaking, Dr. Berry entered the room with a few papers in hand.

“Mr. and Mrs. Rogers, the sonogram was perfectly fine. However, I did notice something different.”

“What was it?” You asked nervously.

“You’re not having a baby.” Your heart sank.

Steve’s grip on your hand tightened.

“You’re actually having two babies. Twins!”

What. The. Fuck.

“W-what?!” You asked.

“H-how m-many?” Steve asked at the same time.

Dr. Berry laughed and handed you both copies of the sonogram.

“Congratulations! You’re having one boy and one girl.” 

You both looked at the pictures you were holding. 

Tears filled with joy started to flow down your cheeks and Steve couldn’t help but softly laugh.

“We’re having twins!” He smiled and kissed you deeply.

“Wow. This is amazing, Steve. We’re having a girl and a boy!” You grinned.

Steve kissed you once again and rested his forehead on yours.

“Dang, that super soldier serum of yours-”

Steve’s laughter was heard in the hospital’s hallways. 

You can guess how happy the team was when they heard the news. 

Now that you knew the genders, Tony was more than happy. Not only did he get to spoil one baby, but he gets to spoil two! A beautiful princess and a charming prince.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you guys enjoyed this imagine! Also, my new story 'Our history' (chris evans x reader) is out now! (It's based on my first insta story: Being best friends w Chris would include...) Ily! <3