Chapter 31

When Chang Ying and Lu Chen made their way to the breakfast table later that morning, the sight they met nearly made Chang Ying turn around to head back to bed.

Feifei stood by the table twiddling her thumbs as she cast shy glances at the couple. Then she took a deep breath as if finding her courage and she walked the short distance to Lu Chen's side.

"Big Brother Chen, Sister Ying, yesterday I realised I misjudged the situation and acted without thinking. I'm sorry, I promise from now on I will try my best to understand the situation first so I won't be deceived by malicious people again," Feifei managed to quickly say it all. Then she raised her lowered head and peered up at Lu Chen from behind her thick lashes.

Well, not pointing out the fact that Feifei had managed to both apologize and place all the blame on Su Jiaojiao, Chang Ying noted that Feifei had a habit of attempting to turn the tides the morning after she made mistakes. She did it every single time.

Chang Ying cursed whatever had possessed her to wish for Feifei to bother herself preparing breakfast earlier that morning. Even the thought of sitting through a meal with Feifei's hidden daggers in her words already made her lose her appetite.

Lu Chen sighed tiredly. "I have said it before. Stay away from people like Su Jiaojiao."

Feifei sulked, her neck tucked inwards in shame. She nodded like a little chick. "Little sister will listen to you better from now on, I promise. Chang Ying," she turned to the other woman and bowed, "I am sorry too."

Chang Ying mused broodly, she was the one who was attacked but Lu Chen got his apology first. Nevertheless, Chang Ying did not point this out. She only raised her brows in mild humour at the entire act as she looked down at Feifei's obeisance form.

Her humour shifted to her lips and a smile appeared on Chang Ying's face. "Lu Chen, why doesn't your little sister ever call me big sister?"

Glee bubbled inside Chang Ying as she saw Feifei stiffen.

Lu Chen scoffed and looked between the two females. Then he reached out and pinched Chang Ying's cheek. "Yingying, don't have fun at my little sister's expense. You girls are so close in age."

"So are you," she cheekily pointed out.

He chuckled and pinched her cheek again. "It's just formality. If you want to use titles, why don't you call my lord husband or dear emperor or something?"

Chang Ying's smile became more sincere. She grabbed the skin on Lu Chen's offending wrist and pinched him back, neither of them paying mind to the girl hunched over in a bow in front of them.

"My dear lord husband! Now call me big sister! Even you have to call me big sister from now on, or you can sleep outside!" Chang Ying cheekily retorted. She was fully intent on milking this moment of acting like Feifei's senior for all its worth.

The corners of Lu Chen's lips turned up slightly and his young, wizened eyes softened as he gazed at her. His tone was warm and placating as he said, "Yes, my Yingying is the big sister from now on. Since you want to do big sister foreplay, your husband will follow you to do it."

Chang Ying choked on his innuendo and glared at him. He released her flushed cheeks from the grasp of his fingers and walked to the table like he did not just utter something mildly improper in front of a third party.

Feifei raised her head and a small frown marred her forehead as she looked at them. But it quickly disappeared. She smiled at Chang Ying and said, "Sister, please come and eat. Aunty and I made breakfast today with the leftover roast duck. It is going to be delicious."