𝟭𝟬. 𝗴𝗲𝗿𝗺𝗮𝗽𝗵𝗼𝗯𝗲

TUESDAY 
| 3:33 AM |

y/n shifts around uncomfortably in her bed, the annoying ringing sound of her phone almost making her groan as she hesitates to leave the dream world. but then, her tired eyes snap open.

my phone.

worried that a certain adult in the house will hear her ringing phone, she quickly scoops it off her nightstand and groggily examines over the caller's name and number.

she winces from the brightness of the screen as she sees that it's someone she doesn't know- a random caller.
it's not really like she knows all that much people anyway. but of course- only until recently, because now she's befriended bokuto, semi, tendou, and shoyou.

maybe even akaashi and kuroo, too.

y/n is about to hit the red button and decline, but- and perhaps it was due to her great exhaustion- she somehow, accidentally hits the green button instead.

she gasps- and any sleepiness she had left has now vanished as she covers her mouth and tries not to breathe. she's too shaken to even hang up. and for a few moments, there's literally just an intense silence between the phones until finally, someone speaks.

"why'd you make this call
so awkward, atsumu? ugh."

the voice is deep and belongs to a male. and it almost sounds familiar as the girl remains deadly silent, her heart feeling like it might stop beating.
a quiet scoff is heard on the other side of the phone- and y/n tells herself she needs to say something- anything- to this man. for it would be rude of her, otherwise.

"ugh, seriou-"

"i-i'm not a-tsumu."
accidentally interrupting him, she stutters out just above a whisper, instantly biting her bottom lip afterwards. but she was thankful to God that she didn't have much of a groggy voice after she awoke. cause otherwise... that would've just been horrible for the girl.

her face flushes with a deep shade of
red as she hugs one of her stuffed
animals close to her chest.

this is so embarrassing,
for some reason.

"well, then who are you...?"
the male asks rather impatiently, as if the girl should've actually known what to say to this unknown person.

"...u-um..."

"well?"

"s-sorry. can you g-go first...?"
she asks softly, and as soon as those words leave her lips, she regrets them. maybe i shouldn't be asking random people these things. but he almost sounds familiar.

he lets out an annoyed sigh.

"kiyoomi sakusa."

"now hurry up and tell
me your name, please."

"f/n l/n."
the girl smiles into the fluffiness of her teddy bear upon realizing she didn't stutter.

"f/n l/n, huh...?"
the male sounds to be deep in thought before she hears his monotonous voice again.

"i feel like i've heard that name around somewhere. just today, too..."