-1.3 impala and drama

chapter thirteen!

"OH GOD, NOT YOU TOO," groaned Alex as she stood across from her boyfriend. Noah was filling the popcorn bowls for the customers, even though it was really early and no one was there yet. Alex was standing, leaning against the table with her hands on her hips. "You're gonna start doin' karate?"

"Yeah, Mr. LaRusso invited me to go with him and Robby later today," grinned the boy. Alex pouted— the only friends she still had that weren't doing some sort of karate were Demetri and Casey, and Casey barely counted because of how she was always (and currently is) out of town.

"Why do you want to learn karate? You never get into fights," she reminds him, making him give her a pointed look. While it was true that he never got into fights, Alex and several of his other friends constantly got picked on. That kind of stuff leads to fights.

"No, I don't, but you on the other hand seem to attract violent people. Like Mya, for example," he mused, setting the container of popcorn down on the table before turning to fully face her. "I just want to make sure you're safe."

"I know, but you don't need to fight for me. And Mya's not that bad— she's a good person, really, just has bad circumstances," she told him, making Noah nod. He'd heard this lecture thousands of time's, although she'd never fully explained what she knew and how she exactly knew this.

"I know, but it's just one day of training. It's not like I'm going to go like full-on badass, like Hawk," he reassured, grabbing both of her hands with his own and intertwining their fingers, making her eyes soften a bit. "Plus, what if someone were to, like, jump me or something? That happens nowadays, really. And I'd be able to defend myself and not die in a alley."

"Okay," she sighed, squeezing his hands. "It's not like I could really stop you anyways, but okay. Go and do karate stuff," she stood on her tiptoes and pressed a soft kiss to his lips before pulling away and walking towards the garage, "While you do that, I'm going to go help Seth with his mechanics stuff. Heard they were working on a 67' chevy impala and I just have to check it out."

"Wait really?!" Noah said as he rushed after her. "Training stuff isn't for another few hours; I want to see that car. Who knows, maybe Jensen Ackles is there too."

"We can only hope," sighed Alex, dreamily as she grabbed Noah's hand and pulled him along with her.

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

Turns out, much to their dismay, it wasn't Jensen Ackles who brought in the Impala, just some random car fanatic who'd never even heard of Supernatural. However, it was still cool to work on the car. When it was 12 o'clock hit, and their shifts were over, the two wondered woefully out of the garage and to the parking lot. They'd love to stay and work (or just stare at, in Noah's case) on the car for the rest of the day, but they both had places to be.

"So what are you going to do with the rest of the day? First time actually having an afternoon off for a like a month, huh?" mused Noah as he opened.the passenger door for her. Alex grinned as she climbed into the Jeep. "I mean, you could always join me, Mr. L, and Robby, but I assume you'd rather not."

"You assume correct," she grinned. "I'd prefer not watching my boyfriend get kicked in the face. I'm actually going to be meeting Miguel at the movies."