22

☾

The cold breeze kisses their faces and pushes their hair back with its force as they look up towards the sky. Sitting on a small cliff, arms tangled together was the raven and blonde haired couple, embracing the nature around them and enjoying eachothers presence.

"It's so beautiful" Katherine says as she looks upon the sun set infront of her. She'd always loved sunsets, they showed that even in such a cruel world beauty could still exist.

"It is" came Rosalie's reply from next to her side, however her gaze wasn't on the sunset, it was on her wife. She looked like an angel as she watched the soft hues of orange and pink coat the sky, with a little smile gracing her plump lips.

Katherine felt her gaze burning into the side of her face and turns to her mate with a raised eyebrow.

"You're not even looking at it" a giggle leaves her lips as Rosalie smirks and wrapped her arms around Katherine figure, bringing her even closer into her side.

"Why would I need to watch that, when I have an even more gorgeous sight right next to me?"Katherine smiles gently and kisses her wife's cheek, sighing in content. She couldn't ask for anything better than to just be out in the nature, watching the pretty scenery with her beautiful Rosalie by her side. After everything that had happened it was exactly what she needed.

"I'm still pissed about that evil blonde slut" Rosalie says in a jokey tone, however the raven haired girl knew she was being deadly serious and hadn't let what happened go. They hadn't really spoken about it much after it happened, Katherine didn't really want to but she knew the blonde was dying to spit everything out.

She'd guiltily admit she used her tongue to try and make her forget, although it didn't last long.

"Rosalie, you don't have to worry. I put her in her place, I love you" Katherine says gently, moving her hand up to caress Rosalie's hard cheek softly, she leant into her hand but her eyes darken as a thought crosses that pretty head of hers.

"You loved her once too" she states, Katherine sighing as she removes her hand and tucks it under her knees. She hated speaking of the past, that wasn't who she was anymore and all she wanted to do was forget and move on.

But that wouldn't happen with so many unanswered questions, she had to tell Rosie everything.

"I did centuries ago. That was before I even knew what real love was, I hated being alone and wanted a relationship like the ones the mated pairs around me had. Jane was there" she knew it was wrong to use the girl, she saw an opportunity and took it. She loved the attention and the feeling she got of someone loving her in that way. She did suppose she let herself fall for it and she wouldn't deny she had some feelings for the girl.

"Did you... do things with her like you do with me" Rosalie knew it was only going to hurt, asking all of those questions. But she needed to know. She trusted Katherine, she did but she wanted to fully see her. You are still the same person as you were even centuries ago, you're still the same body and same mind. She wanted to see all of her.