8 · two can play

TWO WEEKS passed with me spending most of my time at my job, having fun at the book club, and coming back home to an empty house that didn't even feel like home anymore

TWO WEEKS passed with me spending most of my time at my job, having fun at the book club, and coming back home to an empty house that didn't even feel like home anymore. The book club's schedule had settled to Saturday and Sunday from 2PM to 4PM.

I knew it was wrong, but my mind was completely occupied with Dominic when I was at work, at home in bed, and under the shower. With guilt weighing down my shoulders, I pictured his face between my thighs even with my vibrator pressed against my clit.

Even when he sat beside me occasionally, I couldn't bring myself to start a conversation. Everytime he was near me, I lost my ability to think coherently. He knew I stared at him and whenever caught me doing so, he'd teasingly smile at me, not a smirk, but not an innocent, full grin either.

It was immoral to think of another man. But I couldn't ignore how my nipples hardened at the thought of his mouth ravishing them in a fervid manner, even if a little voice in my head said it was emotional cheating.

It was shameful, really, and I found myself looking forward to admire his unreal beauty in the evening despite my better judgement. I'd even shaved my legs and coated an extra layer of mascara before skimming through my closet to find something nice to wear. Silly, I know. I was excited with the idea of seeing him again. Though I convinced myself the way I was behaving was a totally normal reaction for a woman with high libido, I couldn't help but feel bad for Daniel. After all, if I was being honest, I'd never had these kind of thoughts about anyone else before except for Daniel.

Pushing guilt to the back of my mind, I drove over to the cafe, wishing to see Dominic, my nerves in a twisted knot and my thoughts in a jumbled mess.

᮫ ᮫ ᮫

With her lips in a pout and boredom clear in her emerald eyes, Renee didn't seem too happy with Monica's book choice which undoubtedly was 'The Great Gatsby'.

Truth be told. I'd never perceived Green in a different, poetic way other than simply overlooking it as an earthy hue. Hearing Monica explain the hidden meaning behind the light Nick saw from across the coast made me realize I'd never been much of an analytical thinker when it came deep to understanding the elements of a story. She spoke about these topics as if explaining reasons why she loved this particular book was her life long passion.

A while after listening to Monica rant more, she suggested Monica to pair us to review the book together and give a brief opinion considering we all had enough time to read the book before the weekends whirled around.

I didn't miss the wicked glint in Renee's eyes when she told me to take a seat beside Dominic.

Dante and Stacy, the cute fraternal twins, were already debating whose review would be better. They both had hazel eyes, fair skin, and brown hair that was almost identical. Stacy's hair was a shade darker whilst Dante's nose was rounder than hers. And they were in their early twenties.