-47-

Chris was visibly shaking sitting opposite of Simone, Luca, and Emiliano - the tension in the room suffocatingly thick.

"Jesus Christ..." Simone leaned back in her seat with a huff, shaking her head. "I thought you haven't touched her in months?"

"What?" Chris' head jerked back. "I mean... we're definitely not as active as we were at one point, but we're still having sex. How the hell else would she get pregnant?"

"This bitch..."

"What?"

Simone's nostrils flared as she gave Chris a sharp look. "Lali's been fucking my brother since before y'all got married," she said bluntly.

"What?" he gasped, eyes wide in disbelief.

"Yeah, Lali has been cheating on you and playing my brother."

Chris' chest was visibly heaving and his body trembling as he frantically shook his head. "No... There's no way... You're lying!" he lashed out.

Luca wrapped his arm tighter around Simone's waist and Emiliano grabbed Chris by the collar.

"Lower your fucking voice," Emiliano barked before pushing a frightened Chris back into his seat.

"Chris..." Simone sighed "You're barely ever home and Lali hasn't modeled in months. What the hell did you think she was doing with her time?"

He straightened himself back up, but the confusion didn't leave his face. "I thought she was still modeling. And when she wasn't, it seemed like she was spending a lot of time with you or Char or Grace."

"And you believed it?" She raised a brow and looked at Emiliano and then Luca. "Doesn't his law firm do some work for you guys? Either you need to fire them or he's been so focused on work that he actually believed Lali's bullshit."

"I've just been so busy, but I thought she'd gotten used to it..." Chris looked down, fidgeting with his fingers, his brows furrowed and lips sucked in. He met Lali soon after he finished law school and she seemed to be okay with his dedication to his work, and she was busy herself when they first started dating. Whenever he did have time, Chris would make the effort to take her to dinner or do something special for them to spend quality time together.

As Simone looked at Chris' dejected demeanor, she immediately felt guilty about how cold she'd just been with him. She knew what it was like to be cheated on - the emotional pain of it was indescribable and she could only imagine how bad it probably felt for Chris considering he and Lali were actually married. Even worse, Simone had known about it for months and despite being in a position where she could stop Sean and Lali, she chose to mind her business. She wondered if that was the right choice now that she was watching a man's heart crumble right before her, knowing her brother would be next.

But along with her guilt came more rage toward Lali. Simone wondered if she should just let Lali die and cut their losses. How could someone I considered my best friend for over eight years play my own brother like this like shit is sweet? She thought to herself. And what she's put Chris through? She's been cheated on before... and she used to give me so much shit about Hector.

Simone leaned into Chris and took his hand in a comforting gesture hoping to at least somewhat recover from the attitude she showed him before. "Chris..." she said with a softer tone. "Lali told my brother that she's pregnant with his kid."

"No!" he exclaimed, and when Simone felt Emiliano about to move in on him again, she nudged him to stand down. "We've been trying for a baby, for a couple months. It was her idea-" Chris' words came to a sudden halt as he came to the realization. He and Lali were still having sex, though it wasn't frequent. However, in recent months, Chris did notice that she was in the mood more often and seemed adamant about having a child; he didn't think further into it than that. "Shit," he choked out before burying his face in his hands and beginning to sob.