Chapter 37

Aurora was barely at the manor.

She couldnt stand its everything was so dark and dreary now. Everywhere she looked she could see dark magic. From the books in the library to the portraits of the wizards that performed dark magic and boasted about it like it was a hobby as light hearted as painting.

She stayed alot at James and Lilys's sometimes falling asleep on the sofa but they never really minded.

James always said he much preferred her being here where they knew she was safe.

She had ended up in Remus's and Sirius's house for a day or two but never any longer she would hate to be a burden to her friends.

It had been 5 days and she decided she needed to go back to the manor now, just to make sure Tom hadnt caused any permanent damage in the world.

The five figures where in the small kitchen of house number 3 of Gilswood street james was standing at the hob with a frying pan in hand only wearing plaid red pyjama trousers and a white apron with the words "life is about exploring pasta-bilities" with a picture of spaghetti below it. He was flipping perfectly brown pancakes.

On the kitchen island was Aurora, Lily and Sirius. Lily was covering her stack of pancakes with mayonnaise that none of them dared questioned was the strange cravings of her pregnancy.

Aurora was doing the crossword in the daily prophet in Sirius's Queen shirt and munching away to the strawberries on her pancakes as she filled in the missing gaps.

Across from her was Sirius looking rather sulky, he kept blowing his long bed hair out of his eyes as he dumped marshmellow onto his pancakes all ready drowning in syrup and choclate spread.

"I still don't understand why you wont let me flip a pancake" Sirius grumbled as he tried to stack his marshmallows on top of one another.

"Becuase last time you were showing off as usual and it got stuck to the ceiling" Remus chuckled coming over from the window staring out into the rain drizzling down the leaves of the pretty fairytale like garden outside.

The garden was overgrown with bramble and berry bushes but Remus was quite fond of gardening and planned to turn it into the sort you'd see in the magazines.

Sirius said he was fine with it along as they had space for the so called muggle jacuzzi he was going to buy.

Remus turned round from the window a steaming cup of tea in his hand and he pulled the heavy navy robe closer to him before he ran his fingers through his husbands hair placing a kiss on his forehead.

"And then you dared James to eat it" Aurora piped up with a smirk as Sirius scowled.

"Its not my fault prongs got his bloody antlers stuck in the light. I didnt tell him to turn into a deer" Sirius shot back.

"It made me taller if i went up on my back legs!" James protested as he put a few golden brown pancakes onto two plates and turned.off the oven before coming over to the table.

"Here moony" he said as he sat down beside his wife wrapping a hand around her waist but his nose screwing up as he caught a whiff of the mayonnaise.

"Lilypad darlin, that is probably one of the weirdest thing since ever witnessed. And Sirius black is my best mate" James laughed.

"What is this? Slag off Sirius day?" He huffed crossing his arms like a stroppy child.

"Your all just homophobes" he grumbled chidlsihly flicking his hair over his shoudler.

Aurora snorted "sirius dear you can't accuse people of being homophobic at any minor unconvince" she laughed and Sirius stood up his lip quirking as he lifted his plate.