Chapter 3

Justus-

I got in my new car getting ready to go to work. I've been working at the tattoo shop for about a month now and with the money from the shop and the money from the streets I was able to get my car. My next move is to move out of my mama's house. I haven't seen her in a month either. Last time I saw her was when I left the house a month ago but I guess she didn't want to come back.

I walked in the shop 3 hours late all because Vonte had me out at 3 AM until 6 AM trying to find a guy that threatened to off him. We ended up finding him and well we killed him. But hey in a way it was self defense. "Where you been at?" Pops said as soon as he hear the door chime. "Minding my business" I replied taking off my coat and sitting in the chair.

"Boy don't make me slap-" he was cut of by the door chiming again. This time the person who walked in the door was Messiah. He was holding a little girl she looked about 3 or 4 years old. Now I don't like kids like at all but she was adorable. She was a little chocolate baby. "Sorry I'm late. I had to take her with me to work last minute" He said putting her down.

"It's fine" pops said. I looked at him in disbelief. How come he gon yell at me but just say 'it's fine' when it's his dumbass. I'm lowkey salty. I haven't really talked to Messiah since he dropped me off at my house that day. He doesn't seem like a threat besides when he winks at me and make me all uncomfortable. I had to tell him to stop in the kindest way possible. My words were stop with that gay ass shit. See that was kind. I could have pulled out my gun or something. I could've even knocked him out...but I didn't even though I wanted too.

"I need bathroom" I hear the little girl say in a whisper or her trying to whisper. Must be his little sister or something. I watched as he picked her back up and took her to one of the many bathrooms. I looked back and saw pops was gone. I sighed and sat down at my laptop looking at all the appointments for today. There were only 4 appointments for Messiah and the other two people who do the tattoos, India and Braylen, had two appointments each.

I looked to see what Mayla was doing on her side. "Yo Mayla" she slowly turned her head to look at me. She starred at me waiting for me to talk. I felt like getting on her nerves today. "When you gon let me fuck?" I said as I watched her face turn up. "Boy never, you too young for me" I sucked my teeth. " how I'm 18 and you 21 that's like a 3 year difference and I'm legal. Let me hit one time" she threw one of her many pens at me before going back to what she was doing.

I then heard some small but loud foot steps coming from the back. It was the little girl. She ran to Mayla. "Tt da say gimme phone. I watch melon" I barley understand what she said. " girl, tell your daddy I said my phone is about to die so you can't use it." Mayla said to the little girl. I watch as the girl eyes started to get watery. "Ease?" She said. Mayla shoot her head no. That's when the little girl started screaming and crying.

Messiah rushed to the front before picking up the girl. "What's wrong?" "Da TT say no phone to watch melon" ohhh so he the father. He started whipping her tears but they kept coming. "I'm sorry baby stop crying. You should've never threw your IPad down" "she can use mines" the girl stopped crying. "Nah it's fine you don't have to let her use it" he said. I took my phone out of my back pocket before putting on cocomelon and handing her the phone. She whipped her tears. "Ank you" I smiled "what's your name?" I asked she looked at Messiah for approval before looking back at me. " I Delilah Ronae Harris" she said perfectly as if she had been practicing her whole life.

"I'm Justus" I said but she was too into my phone to care. "Thank you, I left my phone at home." Messiah said looking me dead in my eyes. Weirdo. "No problem, she's yours?" He sighed. " yeah she's mine" "how old is she?" "She's just turned 3 last month on the 7th" I nodded. " her mother?" "Not in her life" he simply said. "Mayla keep an eye on D while I go do my appointments" he said taking one of the patients in the back. I looked back over to the innocent little girl.
—————
I answered the shops phone for what feels like the hundredth time today. "Hello you are speaking with ink bank, how may I help you?" I said into the phone. It was a long pause but before I could say it again I hear my mother's voice on the other side of the phone. "Justus baby it's me. I'm just calling to say you aren't welcomed in the house- you can come get your stuff but then you have to leave"

I sat there holding the phone in disbelief. How is she going to call after not talking to me in a whole month. "Hello?" I hear her say after a while of me not answering. "How are you going to kick me out when I pay the bills?" I said calmly into the phone. I would raise my voice at my mother no matter how bad she did me.

"Well if you get out you don't have to pay the bills anymore" it got quite for a second. "I met a guy and he won't be with me if you're here so you gotta leave Justus." I was stuck. "So you're going to choose a man over your son? For real ma?" I felt my self getting sad even though I knew she would after she made me sleep on the porch when I was 10 because she had a dick appointment.

"Justus you have an hour to come get your stuff before I just throw everything away your choice" she said in a daring tone. "Okay" I said while I simply hung up. I stared at the phone in disbelief. How is she just going to throw me away after everything I've risked and done for her. "You sad?" I heard a little voice say, it was Delilah.

I honestly forgot she was right there she's been so quite this whole time. "What's wrong?" She said again after I didn't reply. I just laughed. "No I'm not sad" I said while standing up from my chair getting ready to tell pops I had to leave early. She just shrugged and went back to watching whatever was on my phone now.

When I was making my way to the back pops was coming from the back rooms. "I have to clock out early" "for what? It better not be for Ramen again" he knows he know her name. "Pops you know her name is Raven and no it's not because of her" Raven is the main hoe I go to for a quick fuck. Sometime last month I clocked out early because she was texting me on some freaky shit so I had to go see what it was about.

"My mom is kicking me out, she got a husband or whatever and he don't want to be with her if I'm living there so she mad the choice of leaving me. "You have somewhere to go?" He said. "Yeah, Imma just crash at Vonte house like always. Don't worry pops." He nodded his head satisfied. I heard a door open and I looked back to see Messiah. Walking out the room with his last appointment.

He then started putting Delilah's coat and stuff on. I brought my attention back to pops realizing I was staring at him like a creep. I turned to see pops was starring at me with a smirk. "The fuck you making that face for?" I said while mugging him. "Watch who you talking to boy" he said. Before I could reply I felt a tap on my should making me mug even more. I don't like people touching me.

I turned around to see Messiah holding Delilah with my phone in the other hand. "Here" he said while handing me my phone. "See you on Monday Keith" he said and I peeped Delilah giving a small wave. I returned the small gesture. Now it time for me to go deal with my mom.